Restaurants in the South Hams (No BBQ's please!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSM10000

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
MX5 1.8 Sport, Range Rover 5.0 SC, BMW X1
I thought I would start a (hopefully) non contentious topic and get us away from flaming and other inflammatory topics!:D

We are setting off later today for a long weekend in the South Hams region of Devon, it is not an area I know that well although Dartmouth is familiar to me from sailing. Would members have any recommendations for restaurants / pubs etc?

To narrow it down a little I do not enjoy fish nor sea food so we can safely cross those establishments off the list.

VMT

was there recently (camping near South Sands) and all we did was BBQ! So thats no help whatsoever. when we did eat out we had fish and chips or a Devon pasty (they still looked like interlopers from the Cornish badlands to be honest)

was there recently (camping near South Sands) and all we did was BBQ! So thats no help whatsoever. when we did eat out we had fish and chips or a Devon pasty (they still looked like interlopers from the Cornish badlands to be honest)

I believe the Cornish ones sneak over the border and interbreed with the native Devon varieties and the Cornish ones have the more dominant genes!:D

Find a place that has some uPVC decking outside.

Can't really help I'm afraid. Great part of the Country though. I'm sure you will do well.

Find a place that has some uPVC decking outside.

Can't really help I'm afraid. Great part of the Country though. I'm sure you will do well.

Bruce. you are a bad man!

So glad that the majority of people on here are able to express a sense of humour!:cool:

I haven't been but it has super reviews and my parents have - Oyster Shack in Bigbury.

Not in the South Hams but a good place to shop on your way down, have some freshly landed local fish and chips at the Fish Shed is Darts Farm at Topsham, where you can stock up at an excellent deli and butchers.

The Nobody Inn at Doddiscombleigh just off the A30 to the west of Exeter used to have a superb wine list and good cheese but it has changed hands of late and I think the list has been run down a bit

My experience elsewhere in the South Hams is some 30 years old so somewhat unreliable!

Last edited:
I haven't been but it has super reviews and my parents have - Oyster Shack in Bigbury.

Not in the South Hams but a good place to shop on your way down, have some freshly landed local fish and chips at the Fish Shed is Darts Farm at Topsham, where you can stock up at an excellent deli and butchers.

The Nobody Inn at Doddiscombleigh just off the A30 to the west of Exeter used to have a superb wine list and good cheese but it has changed hands of late and I think the list has been run down a bit

My experience elsewhere in the South Hams is some 30 years old so somewhat unreliable!

Charles.

Many thanks, you must have visited as a young child if your memories are 30 years old!

The fish and seafood is not for me but I do enjoy good fish and chips.

Coincidently we stayed at the Nobody Inn two weeks ago, it changed hands 4 years ago, the wine list is adequate if not exciting althought the duck was very good, the cheese board (12 to choose from) was excellent and they have over 240 whiskeys to round off ones evening.

Regards

David

Last edited:
duplicate

Last edited:
South Hams

About 8 years ago we stayed at the Church House Inn in Torbryan.
Great inn, great food and a good selection of wines and local beers.
It is a bit off the beaten track, but well worth a visit.

Post code TQ12 5UR
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom