Retro fit sound system in CLK W208 Cab.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mfc911

Car
E240
Hi,
I have a a 2001 CLK320 W208 fitted with standard Audio 10 and the temperamental standard six cd loader in the boot.
I want to fit an updated sound system. In an ideal world keep all the steering wheel controls. Also, use the phone controls connected to my iPhone ideally by Bluetooth.
There are so many conflicting opinions flying about, nobody seams to have the answer without going round the houses ten times.
Please can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance. Mark.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi,
I have a a 2001 CLK320 W208 fitted with standard Audio 10 and the temperamental standard six cd loader in the boot.
I want to fit an updated sound system. In an ideal world keep all the steering wheel controls. Also, use the phone controls connected to my iPhone ideally by Bluetooth.
There are so many conflicting opinions flying about, nobody seams to have the answer without going round the houses ten times.
Please can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance. Mark.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The W208 CLK is D2B based and as such there is no longer an aftermarket kit that will give you these features as if they were from the factory.

Your best bet will be to install an aftermarket head unit such as an Alpine or a Pioneer that can then have a steering wheel control interface added to retain the use of the controls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom