Retrofit W211 CD multichanger

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Satch

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
My fault. Got it completely round my neck when ordering and thought the multiplayer came as standard. I presume that it fits under the motorised panel in front of the shift lever, so what I want to know is if I can fit an aftermarket unit or if a MB unit is the only option.

The stealership claims that only an MB unit can be fitted.

I would have thought the MB unit was best as it would fit neatly in the dash. The audio system is hard to connect into for an after market product as it has fibre optic wiring. None of the phone companies offer a lead to connect a car kit.

Satch said:
My fault. Got it completely round my neck when ordering and thought the multiplayer came as standard. I presume that it fits under the motorised panel in front of the shift lever, so what I want to know is if I can fit an aftermarket unit or if a MB unit is the only option.

The stealership claims that only an MB unit can be fitted.

Ive heard its one of those options you get done at the factory or you don't bother with :crazy:

I thought they could be retro-fitted, as long as it was using the mb changer.

Satch,

Give Braybrooks ( 01992 500292 ) a call and ask for Neil. They are based in Hertford and did the phone kit installation on my W211 E320 CDI. They are pretty knowledgable so may know how to do this and if not they will find a way.

Marcos

Marcos, what type of phone kit did you have fitted? Did they connect it to the audio system? even if its just to mute the sound. Did you go for the phone console?

I went for the fully intergrated system that works with the dash and steering wheel.
The phone is situated in the armrest and everything is hidden. It's basically exactly the smae as the factory fitted option but a damn site more expensive, wish I had ordered it with the car.

Satch said:
Think you are eright. The units are made by Becker, who do a lot of OEM kit for German cars. Outfit below seems a good place if you want to source a CD multiplayer for just about any OEM head unit, apart from a W211!

http://www.add-a-cdchanger.co.uk/acatalog/CD_Changers_for_Factory_Fitted_Radios.html

I should have clarified what i ment about getting the changer fitted. Im sure you can get a changer and connect to the Most bus but .....

Its the wee motorised door thats going to be the expencive bit. Ive heard figures like £800 for retrofit :eek:

I thought the door was the same if you have the cd changer or not, just if you don't have the cd it lifts up to reveal a storage bin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom