Retrofitting COMAND, LCD cluster and M/f wheel in a 2009 Sprinter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JasM

MB Enthusiast
Car
Vito 119 Tourer Select
Is it possible to retrofit COMAND NTG 2.5, LCD cluster and the multifunction steering wheel in a 2009 MB Sprinter?

Thanks

Is it possible to retrofit COMAND NTG 2.5, LCD cluster and the multifunction steering wheel in a 2009 MB Sprinter?

Thanks

Yes., much easier if you have the correct cluster and airbag and of course contact spiral for your vehicle. Some extra wiring is needed. (remembering NTG2.5 came in MY2010 on sprinter).

A new cluster is easiest, if you have a used cluster you need to send to someone like cluster repairs to get it set back to "factory" so it can be coded for the new vehicle. The vehicle's datacard needs updating for the new options and it needs CODING, having noted down the service info (and mileage in KM) so it can be put back into the new cluster

Richard

Yes., much easier if you have the correct cluster and airbag and of course contact spiral for your vehicle. Some extra wiring is needed. (remembering NTG2.5 came in MY2010 on sprinter).

A new cluster is easiest, if you have a used cluster you need to send to someone like cluster repairs to get it set back to "factory" so it can be coded for the new vehicle. The vehicle's datacard needs updating for the new options and it needs CODING, having noted down the service info (and mileage in KM) so it can be put back into the new cluster

Richard

Thanks for the reply Richard.

Do you know of anyone in Scotland who would be able to retrofit the COMAND unit, Cluster and steering wheel?

I have been offered a multifunction wheel with airbag and cluster from a 2010 sprinter. Would this be suitable?

Also is this the right COMAND unit for a Sprinter? :

LINK

Dunno of anyone in scotland. We have a number of people driving from far off places (much further than Scotland) to do this kind of thing.

The COMAND is correct.

If you can get the part number of the airbag and the cluster, and the VIN of your vehicle, I can check. It is *probably* OK.

R

Dunno of anyone in scotland. We have a number of people driving from far off places (much further than Scotland) to do this kind of thing.

The COMAND is correct.

If you can get the part number of the airbag and the cluster, and the VIN of your vehicle, I can check. It is *probably* OK.

R

I will PM you the info as soon as soon as I get it. Also would it be possible to install a reversing camera and linguatronic?

I take it this is the correct wiring needed to retrofit COMAND? LINK
and roughly how long would it take you to retrofit all these ?

Many thanks for your help.

I will PM you the info as soon as soon as I get it. Also would it be possible to install a reversing camera and linguatronic?

I take it this is the correct wiring needed to retrofit COMAND? LINK
and roughly how long would it take you to retrofit all these ?

Many thanks for your help.

Linguatronic can be fitted to viano but not a sprinter.
If you have audio-5 then its a different kit. Send your VIN to us and we can advise.

NTG 2.5 in the car takes about 60 minutes including coding. Linguatronic another 45 minutes roughly.

If you have audio-5 then its a different kit. Send your VIN to us and we can advise.

NTG 2.5 in the car takes about 60 minutes including coding. Linguatronic another 45 minutes roughly.

Thanks for the post Alfie.

I don't actually pick up the van till some time next week , it's having a few issues sorted out. I will contact the dealer tommorrow to get the VIN number.

Is it possible to connect a reversing camera to the COMAND unit?

I think it has Audio-5 fitted. It looks like this one:

Can anyone recommend a suitable reversing camera for a sprinter, which would be compatiable with NTG2.5?

Any camera with RCA video output will work. You will need a fakra to rca converter cable to use the NTG2.5 camera input.

Any camera with RCA video output will work. You will need a fakra to rca converter cable to use the NTG2.5 camera input.

Thanks for the reply.

I am struggling to find a number plate light lense camera designed for a sprinter.

Is this the cable I need?

LINK

According to this listing, the Vito and Sprinter share the same number plate light holder.

LINK

NPUK Is this camera ok?

LINK

That is the camera I used in my Vito, make sure it's NTSC or it will be black & white.

The problem is the bulb holder or lack of it, it has been designed for a specific type and you cannot find one.
I had to make one from a 16mm capless bulb holder, it works but I would like the one for the job.
Camera works a treat with the NTG 2.5.

I would like to fit the Linguatronic in my vito, sell my cruise stalk and get the one with the extra stalk.

Is this possible?

Looking to retrofit ntg2.5 at some point, but I have had a look at my van's datacard and it seems that I don't have a central gateway fitted. Will the COMAND still function without it or would it need to be fitted?

I have asked about the gateway and go no answers.
The ntg2.5 will work no problems there it's the set up is the problem if they cannot find it on star, the guys at comand on line had to turn on my rear view camera as my MB dealers did the data card but then could not find it.
I am going to fit MB dab and I am not sure again my dealers will be able to code it, this is why I ask should I get one fitted for next time.

I have asked about the gateway and go no answers.
The ntg2.5 will work no problems there it's the set up is the problem if they cannot find it on star, the guys at comand on line had to turn on my rear view camera as my MB dealers did the data card but then could not find it.
I am going to fit MB dab and I am not sure again my dealers will be able to code it, this is why I ask should I get one fitted for next time.

I got a price for the gateway for a sprinter, it's £231 + vat. Part number is 9069006801. My dealer is going to ask their electrician tommorrow if it can coded to my vehicle.

Decided to go for a different type of reversing camera, however the camera is listed as PAL/NTSC. Is this still compatiable with the NTG2.5 unit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom