Revering camera on W164 COMAND

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

frankieboy

Car
ML 350
Hi, I'm a newbie here so apologies if this has been done to death (I have tried searching!).

I've just bought a 2010 ML350 W164 which has (I'm fairly sure) a NTG2.5 COMAND system in it. I'd like to fit a reversing camera.

I live in Yorkshire : can anyone recommend someone who can do this sort of thing ?

Thanks for your help !

Thanks Headhurts ! But I fear you're right, they're a fair old drive from North Yorkshire !

I fitted a RVC to my 2010 CLS which also had the NTG2.5 headunit.

A couple of options here, take the car to someone who will do the complete install or have a go at it yourself if you fancy a project.

Get the headunit coded to switch to the camera when reverse is selected by either :

Use a coding unit from the likes of eBay , it performs magic when plugged into the OBD2 socket to do the above.

Take the car to someone who can code the unit.

Send the unit to someone who can code it , which is what i did.

Buy a NSTC camera from the far east and you are good to go.

When i sent my unit away to be coded i got the maps updated and the DAB option enabled at the same time whilst it was on the "bench".

Some companies advertise fitting a camera, at your home, for around £400 whereas i fitted mine for less than half that . The map update cost was extra.

The image quality is at least as good as the factory fitted camera in the wifes Juke.

20170429_172537_zpsbrcvnzbt.jpg

Kenny

Last edited:
Thanks Kenny, that's really useful info. Any idea where I can find one of these outfits that will come to me ?

Cheers,
Frank

Hi, I'm a newbie here so apologies if this has been done to death (I have tried searching!).

I've just bought a 2010 ML350 W164 which has (I'm fairly sure) a NTG2.5 COMAND system in it. I'd like to fit a reversing camera.

I live in Yorkshire : can anyone recommend someone who can do this sort of thing ?

Thanks for your help !

Your comand unit will need coding to enable the reverse camera. It cannot be done in engineering mode.

Be careful with certain companies who claim to fit genuine parts and then turn up with non genuine.

On the ML its not a hard job to do the physical install yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom