Reverse light wire, w204 c class sport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gavlar1984

Car
C200 sport
Hi all,

Thanks for any help in advance.

I paid a local crash repair centre to fit some new parking sensors as the old ones broke when someone crashed into it.

They worked fine for a couple of months until it was dark and the lights were on when driving, i know get random beeps when driving forward and the lights are on and its driving me mad.

Can anyone confirm what colour wire is for the reverse light as i can only assume the current wire is wrong.

Thanks

Gavin uploadfromtaptalk1457199325368.jpguploadfromtaptalk1457199325368.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Gavin

I'd be tempted to peel back the tape and have a check for moisture or bad earthing. Then get a meter or test lamp on it whilst moving the shift into reverse.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

That earth wire looks like it's been getting hot.
Might be worth getting it sorted before it gets any worse.

Thanks for your help

Yeah i was thinking about taking off the earth for the kit and running it directly to an earning point i can see.

With regards to the earth in the plug what would do you recommend should i get a new plug and re wire the hole plug or just strip it back and solder back in again?

Gavin

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If it were me, I would find the earth on the pcb (shouldn't be hard to locate as it will be common with all the bulbs), solder a thicker wire to it and run it to a good local earth point. The earth on the rear lights in the w204 is known for not being up to carrying all of the current. It is just possible that this could be giving you the problems with the reverse park sensors.

You need to rewire that rear lamp, common problem all the parts should be on the shelf at Mercedes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom