Richard Griffiths dies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fine Yorkshireman, I remember watching him in Pie-in-the-sky.

Rest in peace.

Agreed, a very good actor. It saddens me though that he's remembered for the Harry Pooper cr@p. He'll be looking down saying: "but what about....."

A decent man whose absence will be noticed.

Last edited:
It's obsessed with its gut. It's like a bloody rugby ball now, it will die, it will die!

RIP.

I worked with him on Pie in the Sky and I hate to shatter your illusions , but he wasn't that nice a guy.

Rude and abrasive are the traits that immediately spring to mind.

Perhaps every time I met him he was just having an 'off' day , but I doubt it. Although I will grant you that he was very very funny in Withnail and I :)

I worked with him on Pie in the Sky and I hate to shatter your illusions , but he wasn't that nice a guy.

Perhaps every time I met him he was just having an 'off' day , but I doubt it. Although I will grant you that he was very very funny in Withnail and I :)

Having never met him I have no illusions to shatter, my comments were directed at his talents and abilities as an actor, entertainer and raconteur.

Whatever his personality may or may not have been I feel it serves no purpose to publish such comments after his death.

Saw him in Aquus. Very good actor. Rest in peace.

Having never met him I have no illusions to shatter, my comments were directed at his talents and abilities as an actor, entertainer and raconteur.

Whatever his personality may or may not have been I feel it serves no purpose to publish such comments after his death.

By that statement you had nothing to say after Jimmy Saville died then?

By that statement you had nothing to say after Jimmy Saville died then?

That is crass, stupid and totally uncalled for .I was not equating Richard Griffiths with Saville, you are.

I suggest you take your rather warped mind and troll elsewhere if you think hijacking a thread whereby people are paying respects to a well thought of actor is a good use of your time.

Nunc lento sonitu dicunt, morieris.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were; any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.

From John Donne: Devotions Upon Emergent Occasions

That's fair enough.

Fortunately , we live in a country where other peoples opinions can be voiced at any time they choose.

:)

That's fair enough.

Fortunately , we live in a country where other peoples opinions can be voiced at any time they choose.

Yes we do and of course you can. But don't expect to be applauded for it. ;)

That's fair enough.

Indeed we do and I am thankful for it but just what do you think was added by posting a derogatory comment about someone who has just passed away? Neither I nor others were extolling views on his personality but on his professional skills.

Richard Griffiths and Jimmy Savile both liked to keep little boys in cupboards under the stairs... Must be a yorkshire thing?

Anything you want to fess up to SPX?

Why say that ?
What does that achieve ??
My Daughter, her Friends and I'm sure a whole generation of Harry Potter Fans are upset by his demise,
Pointless and poisonous

Why say that ?
What does that achieve ??
My Daughter, her Friends and I'm sure a whole generation of Harry Potter Fans are upset by his demise,
Pointless and poisonous

Why not say it? It is personal experience unlike any other opinion expressed here?

Why not say it? It is personal experience unlike any other opinion expressed here?

So people posting their views of Richard Griffiths as an actor, which is by far the majority are not personal experiences?

Once again we get a thread that is diverted by those who think it clever to sit by their keyboards sniping and trying to pick holes with either the subject or the content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom