Rieger bodykits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
hi

has anyone had any experiene with a Rieger body kit?

http://www.psgbodystyling.co.uk/mercedes_clk.html

does anyone know if its just skirts that is supplied... ie stick onto lower part of existing bumper?

when i get my 1999 CLK i would like to put sideskirts on to make it look a bit nicer :)

thanks

derek

don't know about the rieger kit but have you considered the regular MB facelift sideskirts? I know the SLK one's just bolt on so I'm guessing it's the same for the CLK (anyone confirm?). Might be a lot cheaper.

With the reiger stuff, would you want the front and rear lips aswell? I don't think those skirts would look right on their own.

so facelift CLK skirts (front, rear and sides) will just bolt/glue on to existing bumpers?

id go with the genuine mb skirts, the rieger kit is quite nice but somehow makes that clk in picture look like a saab 9-3 convertible from back.

SilverSaloon said:
so facelift CLK skirts (front, rear and sides) will just bolt/glue on to existing bumpers?

Don't think so - I'm fairly certain that you would also need to replace the front/rear bumpers. It would look pretty silly anyway, as the bottom of the bumpers has the black plastic strip! The AMG ones are the ones to get - look really cool, but are fairly exbenzive :eek:

Cheers
Andrew

Flyer said:
Don't think so - I'm fairly certain that you would also need to replace the front/rear bumpers. It would look pretty silly anyway, as the bottom of the bumpers has the black plastic strip! The AMG ones are the ones to get - look really cool, but are fairly exbenzive :eek:

Cheers
Andrew

what i mean is can u get trims for the bumpers that bolt onto the lower part (black part) of the existing bumper (like a lip)....

i would like to have skirts/bumper lips but dont really want to replace the whole bumpers as the car has parktronic too and i was hoping to fit myself without any hassles... once i got the trims sprayed.

SilverSaloon said:
check with your local parts dept but i think the front and rear bumpers are complete replacement parts. the sideskirts will just bolt onto the side sills.

The bumpers are complete items, although the lower parts are removable from the bumpers, they would need some creative work to get them to fit the pre-facelift bumpers.

The simplest and cheapest answer is to buy a set of facelift sideskirts and just have the black lower parts of the bumpers painted bodycolour, will look almost the same as facelift! :)

Shude said:
The simplest and cheapest answer is to buy a set of facelift sideskirts and just have the black lower parts of the bumpers painted bodycolour, will look almost the same as facelift! :)

anyone any idea how much it would be to buy a pair of facelift sideskirts new/pattern parts? any recommended places to buy from?

i am lucky as my car is a dark blue so the black part of the bumper doesnt show up very much so i could fit the sideskirts and get the bumpers done at a later date :bannana:

SilverSaloon said:
anyone any idea how much it would be to buy a pair of facelift sideskirts new/pattern parts? any recommended places to buy from?
If you get them from the stealership I think they're about £100 each, try your parts dept. Bear in mind that they will most likely come pre-painted for your car for the same price :) .
SilverSaloon said:
i am lucky as my car is a dark blue so the black part of the bumper doesnt show up very much so i could fit the sideskirts and get the bumpers done at a later date :bannana:
If it were me, I'd fit the sideskirts and get the lower bumper parts painted at the same time, also get the indicating door mirrors and have the indicators removed/holes welded and painted on the wings. All at the same time! Car goes away for a couple of days and comes back looking about 3 years younger :) .

the add ons you are looking for are avalible at www.motionstyling.co.uk had no experience of them tho. look a good add on if a bit expencive at £300 pop but usually worth it to stand out from the norm! they also sell the lorinser bumpers which i'd go for but cost a lot at over a grand but makes car look even better! hope it helps

hi all,

update to what i was talking about.

i have now got myself facelift CLK front and rear bumpers + sideskirts cheap from ebay for £125 the lot :) :) :)

damage to one skirt but i have fixed it and all the bits are now primed ready for painting.

the lower bits of each bumper have been removed and 99% sure they will bolt onto the pre-facelift upper part of the bumpers.

i'm doing a how-to as i fit so i will post it all here with pics when its done. (probably about a months time as i want to wait for paint to harden before fitting)

thanks

derek

a month! are you expecting meteorites hitting the car! But will look good, look forward to the pics.

jaymanek said:
a month! are you expecting meteorites hitting the car! But will look good, look forward to the pics.

hehe.... just want to make sure the skirts and lower bumpers are fully hardend especially as its so low to the ground...

i say a month but after 2 weeks i will probably put them on aslong as the paint is hard.

should look great once finished. very pleased so far with my efforts especially the skirt repair - better than what the bodyshop had done previously.

got the facelift mirror casings too (blinkers) but i dont think they will fit with my current mirror motor....

sorry for digging up an old thread, but just an update:

the front and rear lower bumpers (facelift) parts DO fit the pre-facelift bumpers.

i fitted them at the weekend. how to to follow....

:bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom