Rimstock/Rimfurbish - Wheel Refurbishing - The Best?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jaymanek

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Lots of Mercedes!
Following on from ringways thread,
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/wheels-tyres/85838-these-guys-good-very-very-good.html

These guys are pretty darn good.

I dropped these wheels off three weeks ago and they came back yesterday.

They had bad previous refurbs and so I asked for the full works.

Pictures speak a thousand words.

I forgot to take a pic of the inside of the wheels but it was like new, painted black.

The finish is deep and strong, nothing like I have seen before.

The hand polished lips are 9/10, I have only seen better in germany.

They replaced all of the nuts and some bots, all torqued correctly with the correct blue loctite type stuff used on each fastener.

Even the packaging was pretty special with rim protectors on each wheel and each one double boxed and protected.

brabuswheel.jpg

brabuswheels2.jpg

Will take some pics on the car soon, needless to say they transform the car.

Great stuff Jay.

They look excellent.

Try and post some close up pictures in full screen size.

It's great to hear that Rimfurbish performed to their usual high standards, but when you look at the set up they have, it would be difficult to get any other result. :thumb:

Jay, out of interest what did they cost to do ?

The cost was £90 per wheel + VAT.
Not bad for a 3 piece rim.

Their size is an issue as the guy I was dealing with was always relying on other people to provide updates and due to this the wheels took 3 weeks instead of the usual week it takes elsewhere.

Overall, the result far exceeds my expectations.

Wheel refurbishing

Your wheels look great - I had some AMG alloys done by a large establishment in Tonbridge (Kent) and they were hopeless ......
1. Overspray in the final lacquer coat so had to sand back with 1200 wet and dry,:mad:
2. Remnants of previous balance weight gunk on inside of rim - duly powder coated and lacquered.:eek:
3. Dirt and grit in the paint:crazy:

Still an improvement but hardly what I was after ! Bought the car from MB in Birmingham and they had done that old trick of popping the tyre and giving the outside of the rim a quick (and horrible) job.....

They (Tonbridge) did offer to try and fix them but after two attempts I had had enough and didn't want my car sitting on stands for another couple of weeks !

One of the best w124 i've seen, wheels suit it perfectly.

Im absolutely gutted at the moment... These wheels managed 100 miles before i let my wife drive the car at night... left hand drive and woman dont mix apparently.

Long story short one of my front wheels needs a new outer lip and the rear lip needs to be repaired!

I didnt sleep a wink on saturday... my brand new wheels :(

Managed to find a company to manufacture me a new lip for the front in time for christmas... I really hope it looks the same when it comes.
Luckily I have a spare rear wheel (ebay purchase ages ago) and so will swap the rear lip over from that wheel...

Lesson learned , don't let the wife drive your car ...

Get her an old runabout that she can bounce up kerbs and off bollards !!

What a nightmare.

That is grounds for divorce Jay.

Love the look of the wheels and they suit that 124 100%

I know... Why do material things affect us so much... Ive havent been that upset in ages!

It wasnt planned for her to drive, we'd been at a friends birthday party and got a little carried away. so she drove home.

NO!!

Hard lines mate. I hope you get them fixed.

We have a puppy that flies around the garden and driveway carrying sticks ect and I worry my polised alloys are in danger.:crazy:

The silver lining for me is that I'm glad to read at least the car is being used. I wondered after all the effort you put in to it whether it'd spend too much time under cover in a heated garage.

Chin up. She could have bumped the 190 in to your SL.

I do drive my cars... and usually on long trips...

The only one ive not driven much is the widebody as im terrified of damaging it!
But soon even that will have its other "winter" wheels back on and ill give it a few runs..

I know... Why do material things affect us so much... Ive haven't been that upset in ages!

It wasn't planned for her to drive, we'd been at a friends birthday party and got a little carried away. so she drove home.

I know how you feel Jay. Anna did the N/S front on the CL, it was in the snow doing 5 MPH, just slid into the curb. Could not have been helped, i was really upset, as you say why do we take these things so seriously, as she said it's only a wheel.

I took it to the man who has been doing my wheels for years and he said it might need replacing anyway his welding man did a fantastic job, could not tell it had been repaired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom