RIP Malcolm Young.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLSMark

Banned
Car
Volkswagen Touareg
e6ffaa15e9b0f0407e244fc1ecc91f76.jpg

One of the greatest if not the greatest Rhythm Guitarists of all time. Sadly lost his battle against dementia yesterday aged just 64

Also a fellow Glaswegian, brought up in Oz though.

His tone from his customised Gretsch was nothing short of sublime, I’m sure any fellow geetar nerd would agree.

RIP legend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sad loss, I saw them many times in the very early days, high voltage rock and roll for sure.

Sad loss. Brilliant band. George Young his older brother died a few weeks ago aged 70, as well.

What was the band?

Saw the band at the long-gone Apollo in Glasgow.

One of THE formative rock bands of their generation and a band that stood the test of time with Malcolm at the heart of both songwriting and the rhythm section.

Riff In Peace Malcolm

Spare a thought for the Young family as they also lost big brother George last week.

Thanks...Mr Johnstone is a big car fan. Many appearances on top gear. Great shame they have lost another.

I saw this on Saturday. Utterly gutted as a huge fan of the band.

I was very fortunate to see them twice on the Black Ice tour with the late classic line up. I wasn’t aware at the time Malcolm was having to relearn riffs for each show he played. Very very tragic.

RIP to a musical legend.

Bon Scott era?

If so. I’m jealous as hell!!

Indeed it was the Bon Scott era. To see Angus suddenly take off playing the guitar was one of those moments in my band watching history only upstaged by Wilko Johnson shooting across the stage.
Portsmouth was the place in the 60's and 70's for bands. I've listed this on Pistonheads but here goes. Led Zeppelin when they had just come back from the States I was in an audience of about 100 people at the Pom Do'r. Jimi Hendrix at the Guildhall not quite sold out. Free at the North end Snooker Club where we helped them load their gear back in the Transit van after the gig. Pink Floyd at the Guildhall, U2 at the Locarno about 50 people at that one. All the above gigs were about 5 shillings in old money

RIP. But every time I see pop icon photos I think "how the hell were we ever so thin?" And he did stay slim up until this 50's, I believe.

It's crazy how fat we've all got within a couple of generations. We're going to pay for it....

Dead with all kinds of health complications: dementia, pacemaker etc. - at 64..... "Life in the fast lane" to quote Walsh, Frey and Henley.

RIP. But every time I see pop icon photos I think "how the hell were we ever so thin?" And he did stay slim up until this 50's, I believe.

It's crazy how fat we've all got within a couple of generations. We're going to pay for it....

Dead with all kinds of health complications: dementia, pacemaker etc. - at 64..... "Life in the fast lane" to quote Walsh, Frey and Henley.

Likewise. Rockstars seem to have some magic pill that keeps them looking amazing. I think Malcolm was naturally a skinny malinky though, as is Angus

Sad news, 64 is no age. Tough on Angus and the rest of the family.

Indeed it was the Bon Scott era. To see Angus suddenly take off playing the guitar was one of those moments in my band watching history only upstaged by Wilko Johnson shooting across the stage.
Portsmouth was the place in the 60's and 70's for bands. I've listed this on Pistonheads but here goes. Led Zeppelin when they had just come back from the States I was in an audience of about 100 people at the Pom Do'r. Jimi Hendrix at the Guildhall not quite sold out. Free at the North end Snooker Club where we helped them load their gear back in the Transit van after the gig. Pink Floyd at the Guildhall, U2 at the Locarno about 50 people at that one. All the above gigs were about 5 shillings in old money

Great memories mate. Sadly nothing in the modern era gets close, I was born 20 years too late

Frightening to think that Mr Young was a year older than me - I've also lost two good friends this year from the 'old days'.
I've said for some time, that after the completely non religious funeral, for the final song, as the distraught mourners (both of them) get up and leave, I want this to be played.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Frightening to think that Mr Young was a year older than me - I've also lost two good friends this year from the 'old days'.
I've said for some time, that after the completely non religious funeral, for the final song, as the distraught mourners (both of them) get up and leave, I want this to be played.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fine choice, I’d love to see that

Reactions: Ted
Bon Scott era?

If so. I’m jealous as hell!!

Tell me about it. If I had a time machine I'd go back and be in If You Want Blood crowd.

The Bon Scott songs were just perfect bluesy rock.

Very sad and terrible way to go.
The Bon Scott era was the best in my opinion. BJ is a great singer but a bit too screechy for me. Great on Black Ice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very sad and terrible way to go.
The Bon Scott era was the best in my opinion. BJ is a great singer but a bit too screechy for me. Great on Black Ice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very decent guy. But he couldn’t, and probably nobody could fill Bon’s shoes. A magnificent presence, great lyrics, world class vocals

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom