roadside check joke

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Marvin16x

Car
1997 C280T
evening folks,

i (german) just stumbled upon a joke on facebook and found it rather funny. here's a quick translation of it:

a true story (of course)

policeman at the roadside check: have you been drinking?

man:
yes, i have. you know, it was my daughter's wedding today and we came from far away and enjoyed it very much. it was lovely. and since i don't like beer, i sticked with whiskey, mainly johnny walker.

policeman (bewildered):
sir, you do realise that i am a police officer and i have stopped you for a breath test, do ya?!

man:
officer, you do realise that this is a german car and it's my wife who's driving, don't you?

(now you're supposed to laugh)

this brings back memories of the many times i felt -literally- misplaced sitting in an LHD car in a RHD country. so that's why life gave me such long arms :rolleyes:

have a good weekend.

A long time ago I heard a similarly themed joke.

A couple of traffic police were driving along a road in the middle of nowhere when they saw an elderly gentleman staggering back towards a Rolls Royce, after relieving himself at the side of the road and clearly the worse for wear. Not wishing to let him drive away for safety reasons they breath tested him, which of course he failed. One officer would take him back to the station while the other would drive the Roller back to stop it being stolen.

Off went the police car with inebriated passenger, policeman number two approached the driver's door with great anticipation, looking forward to driving the fine car. As he reached it, the window descended and the chauffeur said, "Good evening officer, I do hope your friend is coming back for you. Good night".

I feel bad now for posting this :D

Is there an English word for very poor and redundant jokes? In German they're called Sparwitz (save + joke) = something you had better keep to yourself :eek:

I drove my LHD Ponton here in Scotland for many years when I was younger ( early 20's ) .

When out with my friends we would sometimes be stopped by the police for one reason or another , and they ALWAYS went to the passenger side ( right ) of the car , sometimes there was no one sitting there and they felt a bit silly , which usually made things easier for me .

One of the funniest times was one evening I was out in Edinburgh with the car full of my friends , all cruising around and having a laugh , when three police cars converged on us and forced us to stop . After the usual left/right mix up , and opening my boot to let them see what I had in there ( just tools and the usual stuff ) , I asked what was wrong : I was told that there had been an armed bank robbery and the getaway car was reported as being a red Mercedes - given that this was the mid-1980's and my Red Ponton was probably the only one in Edinburgh at the time , and one of the slowest cars in the city ( apart from 200D taxis ) we all fell about laughing and asked if they really thought anyone would choose mine as a getaway car !!!

Oh , another thing we used to do : I had a spare steering wheel and used to drive along in traffic where there were two lanes , usually on the left of another car , then I would toot my horn and my pal , in the right front seat would look as if in a panic and wave the spare steering wheel in the air :D The reactions we sometimes got were priceless .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom