Roll Masters Event

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACID

MB Enthusiast
Car
C63 Supercharged Stage 3 and E63s Estate
roll master.jpg

Due to unforseen circumstances this event is no longer proceeding. Refunds will be paid out in due course to all those who have placed deposit. Please feel free to suggest alternative venues and we will look in to it.
#mslperformance #mslperformancenorth #mslcustoms #rollmasters #esmotor #Mercedes #porsche #supercars #customcars #rollonrace #halfmile

Really sorry to hear this, people organising such events as these are thin on the ground now, and more so to all the effort going into it. I hope there is another location that is found to pursue and hold such an event as this, all the best with it all;)

Why did Woodbridge pull it? Bit gutting as I was planning on winning it :doh:

Why did Woodbridge pull it? Bit gutting as I was planning on winning it :doh:

Couple of idiots in Porsches at the last event back in April decided to use the road out of Woodbridge as their personal race track Peter. Apparently forced a local off the road. He (or someone) then complained to the MoD at the camp, which left the adjutant no option but to pull all the rest of the events for this year, possibly for good.

Can't blame the camp as they need to keep a good relationship up with the locals.

Full story on the TV Facebook page apparently, though I don't do Facebook.

Shame as I was hoping to be there. More for testing purposes though. It's a great idea Acid, I hope you can organise it again.

Couple of idiots in Porsches at the last event back in April decided to use the road out of Woodbridge as their personal race track Peter. Apparently forced a local off the road. He (or someone) then complained to the MoD at the camp, which left the adjutant no option but to pull all the rest of the events for this year, possibly for good.

Can't blame the camp as they need to keep a good relationship up with the locals.

Idiots indeed!

I read the FB thread on it- what a disaster! Some locals I note are trying to be supportive and suggest solutions to present to the commandant - even I saw trailering cars on and off site- but to no avail. What a pity

Gutted too, was looking forward to it

theres also North weald?

Thanks Dave, I can't believe this. Some people just don't have a clue how to behave. :mad:

What FB page is it on? I want to go read and maybe start or re-ignite an argument.

TV7 July 23rd is still showing as a live event on FB.

133 going.
345 interested.

It does John, then in the chat they then say everything this year is cancelled...

Thanks - it's not exactly prominent unless you're looking for the post about the cancellation.

A great shame really :mad:.

From another site

This is an extract from a letter sent to a car top speed/trackday organiser so its not just us being restricted and sadly I think Woodbridge is unlikely to become available in the near future.

"We have decided to terminate your licence due to excessive noise and disrespectful behaviour by your participants when entering and exiting site. We had a report from a local parishioner - two Porsche cars were seen racing along the main road from Woodbridge towards camp and forced a member of the public off the road on to the verge. Cars are also revving excessively when driving up to the main airfield gate.
The Commanding Officer does not want any issues with the local community especially where our families reside and consequently we are stopping this activity."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom