Rolling Road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JamesRan

Car
W220 S65 AMG
Hi All

I have booked my car in for a session at Surrey Rolling Road in March, purely to see what kind of power it's currently outputting. Has anyone done this before? I never had, and am nervous my car might suffer as a result!

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

Charlie's rollers are a ball breaker and conditions really can effect what output a car has! My C32 had been on his rollers about 5 times varying from stock output of 329hp upto tuned 406hp and more recently 360hp (although think that was down to a dodgy charge cooler pump)

When are you going!? I might pop in and see him and see if there's any spare spaces! Bonus of living three miles away from SRR now they've moved to farnborough!

Brilliant, thanks. I'm booked for Saturday 14th March. Would you say that it's 'safe' then?

I have used Charlie before. Try not to worry especially when signing the waiver form. My car has been on a number of times and I am always nervous but more about the output.

Enjoy

I have used Charlie before. Try not to worry especially when signing the waiver form. My car has been on a number of times and I am always nervous but more about the output.

Enjoy

Thank you!

Yes it's safe! Charlie knows his stuff and would stop any Dyno session if he thought anything wasn't right!

How about making a club day of it? would love to know what my cdi is putting out, ive had a few car's on dyno's and havent had a issue yet (touch wood) lol

I've used Charlie several times - twice on my c63 and three times on my m3. Not sure I've ever signed a waiver though but they definitely know what they are doing so you are in safe hands.

How about making a club day of it? would love to know what my cdi is putting out, ive had a few car's on dyno's and havent had a issue yet (touch wood) lol

Sounds good to me! How to arrange?

I've used Charlie several times - twice on my c63 and three times on my m3. Not sure I've ever signed a waiver though but they definitely know what they are doing so you are in safe hands.

Brilliant! Re-assuring to know! My brother in law put a doubt in my mind.....I'll tell him he's being a scaremonger!

Sounds good to me! How to arrange?

May be check with the place your booked in with to see if he would be ok with possibly several Mb's turing up. He even may do a discount price?

Run a GTG thread on here to see how many peeps would be interested in going along?:thumb:

I've had loads of runs on Charlies' rollers over the years - he is a good egg. :)

Charlie uses the Dyno Dynamics set-up which is very consistent, if used correctly - which Charlie does. I wouldn't class these dyno's as a "ball breaker", in fact the DD type of dynos are pretty easy on cars tbh. The runs are quite short.

Have fun! :D

Shaunee said:
I've had loads of runs on Charlies' rollers over the years - he is a good egg. :) Charlie uses the Dyno Dynamics set-up which is very consistent, if used correctly - which Charlie does. I wouldn't class these dyno's as a "ball breaker", in fact the DD type of dynos are pretty easy on cars tbh. The runs are quite short. Have fun! :D
I meant that dyno dynamics tend to read lower than other dynos when referring to it being a ball breaker!

all dyno's will read different, if your tuning than best stick to the same dyno you start with. And most owners get dissapointed with the power read outs from there car's lol

Neil Mackay said:
I meant that dyno dynamics tend to read lower than other dynos when referring to it being a ball breaker!

I have had higher results on DD's than most others.

acej said:
I have had higher results on DD's than most others.

I'm talking from my experience

And most owners get dissapointed with the power read outs from there car's lol

I had the opposite - on Acid's dyno (which I'd previously validated for accuracy on my last E63) I got figures that were significantly better than I expected.

RR figures are not the be all. It's great for set up and afr's.

It's how fast the car can go from point A to point B that's important. A 0-60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom