Roof Aerial Replacement - Different Type?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GLK

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Some lowlife has snapped a roof aerial off my car over the Christmas break period.
These people really do get into the whole peace and goodwill set of mind, don't they.

31931871405_9c696a609c_o.jpg

The car originally had a "fishing rod" aerial as was fitted to the pre-facelift W169, I replaced it with a facelift short rubber one last year.

I am reluctant to buy another one, as I don't want this turn into a competition - I fit a new one, they snap it off ...

I looked at shark fin OE aerials, and wanted to ask: would it be possible to DIY fit this one, for example: 2008 MERCEDES E CLASS E220 CDI AUTO 4DR SHARK FIN ANTENNA ARIAL | eBay

I do not have COMAND, so no GPS, but I do have a mobile pre-wire (386).
Here's the amplifier, perhaps it will tell more to a professional, than my description:

31784690202_70792720d7_o.jpg

Also, the existing aerial base looks quite big, is the OE one in the above eBay link the same size (or, hopefully larger)? I don't really want to end up with obvious marks, if the replacement is much smaller:

31931864775_d12b4c807f_o.jpg

I can pull a WIS page on aerial removal, so should be able to do it myself, at least I hope I will :rolleyes:

Happy New Year everyone, and could someone please let me know the footprint size of the 2008 E-class aerial, as in the eBay link above.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom