roughly how much is to fit a bodykit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dikdik

Car
c250td
Thinking of fitting a bodykit on ky w202, something tasteful and understated. How much is it for fitting and painting roughly

Depends on colour of your car and if original kit or something fibreglass etc which I would not recommend

Amg

Thinking of fitting a bodykit on ky w202, something tasteful and understated. How much is it for fitting and painting roughly

AMG skirts and bumpers if you can find them from £200

fittings quite easy for the bumpers front 4 nuts and clip to release behind inner wing back, 4 nuts again if I remember right but youve got some trim inside the boot to remove first. for the skirts you need the AMG clips for fastening it to the floorpan as theyre different to the standard skirts, not much from the dealer in pic 245/248 are standard clips 246/247 are the amg ones 242 are the clips for the top of the skirt which are brittle and can easily break

timewise I would say removal and refitting 2 hours ish, painting ... how long is a piece of string thatll be the expensive bit

only thing I was dissapointed with was the quality of the kit the bumpers are a lot weaker and more susceptible to damage than the standard ones hitting 2 pheasants over winter has completely ripped the fog light brackets off one side and cracked the foglight surround on the other and they werent particularly hard knocks either

havent any experience of aftermarket kits

Attachments

• 102_2757.jpg
    102_2757.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 15
I have written HOWTOs on fitting front and rear bumpers, sideskirts are a pain, and the HWA clips needed are expensive.

dikdik said:
something tasteful and understated.

I'm glad you said that cause when I read the title the image of a Citroen saxo with a wide body kit and neon lights sprung to mind lol

The rims are for still for sale, the tyres, budget ditchfinders, are sold.

£250.

Do the wheels need a refurb ?
what condition are they ?
Caant remember were they staggered ( I'm after non staggered )
Where are you ? I am Midlands
Thanks
Boyd

Non staggered.

PM an email address & I'll send you the SP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom