Royal Steering Wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Those of you who have had a wheel retrimmed id appreciate if you could post a photo and what materials etc you had chosen.

At the moment I’m looking at, perforated leather sides, smooth top, thicker and thumb grips.

Abs

Reactions: GLK
Abs, a fellow member on here (Baldguy IIRC) is selling a refurbed one done by Royal. I think it is for a W203 & R171, similar to your description. Could you make that work for you 209?

Abs, a fellow member on here (Baldguy IIRC) is selling a refurbed one done by Royal. I think it is for a W203 & R171, similar to your description. Could you make that work for you 209?
Hi Abb,
Thanks for the message, that one is a different type could probably make it work with very much hassle and just doesn’t seem worth it at he wants £110 for it, and Jack charges £150 for a new one done to my spec and £15 to fit which is reasonable IMO.
Mine should be the same design as the one for sale though :D looks good eh?

The flat style just doesn’t look good IMO? Thoughts?
Abs

I does in deed look good. TBH, I have just had a look at the classified to post a link for you and realised the difference. Not sure why I stated Royal had done his, maybe an assumption on my part but I could have sworn I had read it somewhere!
I ended up buying a new 63 one for me old 55 from Jack, as he didn't have my colour leather (cashmere beige) in stock and was too much to order for the small amount I needed, so he supplied me with a new OEM one. Your quotation is very very good and I am sure you will be pleased with the new addition, as well as the extra 10bhp you will gain from it :p

I does in deed look good. TBH, I have just had a look at the classified to post a link for you and realised the difference. Not sure why I stated Royal had done his, maybe an assumption on my part but I could have sworn I had read it somewhere!
I ended up buying a new 63 one for me old 55 from Jack, as he didn't have my colour leather (cashmere beige) in stock and was too much to order for the small amount I needed, so he supplied me with a new OEM one. Your quotation is very very good and I am sure you will be pleased with the new addition, as well as the extra 10bhp you will gain from it :p

Hehe not sure between the flat bottomed and the standard, I just feel like the fully flat one seems a bit ugly?
Abs

Had mine done by Jack and couldn't be happier with the finished result. Well worth it.

Jack did mine also , Nappa top / bottom with extended perforated thumb grips and a flattish bottom.

Pics to follow when i get to work later today and retrieve my Photobucket images.

Someone on Ebay is offering a re-trim service and is using one of my actual pics of Jacks steering wheel to promote their services.

Mercedes Benz CLC SL CLS Steering Wheel Upgrade Leather AMG R230 CL203 W219 | eBay

Their product cant be up to much if they have got to use another companies product to their own business.

Kenny

Hi Abs, I've recently had my CL55 wheel re-trimmed @ Royal and I'm extremely pleased with results - perforated leather top and bottom, alcantara sides, thicker cross section and flat bottomed.
I'll get a pic or two in the next few days and post them on here for you/all to see.

Kind regards Matt :D

Hi Abs, I've recently had my CL55 wheel re-trimmed @ Royal and I'm extremely pleased with results - perforated leather top and bottom, alcantara sides, thicker cross section and flat bottomed.
I'll get a pic or two in the next few days and post them on here for you/all to see.

Kind regards Matt :D
Thanks Matt looking forward to seeing the pics :)

Jack did mine also , Nappa top / bottom with extended perforated thumb grips and a flattish bottom.

Pics to follow when i get to work later today and retrieve my Photobucket images.

Someone on Ebay is offering a re-trim service and is using one of my actual pics of Jacks steering wheel to promote their services.

Mercedes Benz CLC SL CLS Steering Wheel Upgrade Leather AMG R230 CL203 W219 | eBay

Their product cant be up to much if they have got to use another companies product to their own business.

Kenny

Looking forward to seeing the pictures Kenny

Abs :)

Hi,
Thanks for the photos, did you use the exchange service?
Abs

No , i bought a paddle shift wheel from Ebay had it re-trimmed then ,once fitted, got the paddles commissioned / coded by Comandonline.

Kenny

You've already seen these pics Abs, but just for the record:

26190637029_c568ec213b_o.jpg

37348152642_1a121b8dec_o.jpg

36669282724_ab721aa1a7_o.jpg

I also had the gearshift and the armrest re-trimmed by Jack in the same perforated leather, and I think it fantastic :)

You've already seen these pics Abs, but just for the record:

26190637029_c568ec213b_o.jpg

37348152642_1a121b8dec_o.jpg

36669282724_ab721aa1a7_o.jpg

I also had the gearshift and the armrest re-trimmed by Jack in the same perforated leather, and I think it fantastic :)
Is that perforated sides, smooth top and bottom and thumb grips? If is we both chose the same thing ;)

Is that perforated sides, smooth top and bottom and thumb grips? If is we both chose the same thing ;)
Yes, plus sculptured side grips, extra thick and flat bottom (which you don't like I know) ;)

Deposit payed, going for the exchange service as can’t see any point in buying an extra wheel. Going to cost £165 all in. Including him fitting it.

Gone for Perforated sides, slightly thicker, smooth top and bottom. All black leather. Excited as the steering wheel is often overlooked but it’s the part of the car you see and use the most to be honest and it will be nice to have some nice fresh leather to hold onto :)

Abs

It amazes me how people pay a grand for a set of blinging rims and have a tatty old steering wheel. I personally think Seats, the steering wheel and pedals are the most important thing about a comfort and interaction on a car.

It amazes me how people pay a grand for a set of blinging rims and have a tatty old steering wheel. I personally think Seats, the steering wheel and pedals are the most important thing about a comfort and interaction on a car.
I'd add a gearstick to this list, and yes, absolutely agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom