RS6 v XFR v RRS Supercharged v E63

RS6 v RRS Supercharged v XFR v E63 v CLS 63 SB

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

The RR Sport I was buying has turned into a debacle of major proportions so I'm starting to hedge my bets and look at other possible avenues...

Narrowed it down to these four, rough budget is £25k.

My own perceptions are:

RS6 Estate -

Positives - perfect all rounder, rapid power, easily tuneable.

Negatives - it's an Audi, 4wd is for pussies, it's an Audi.

XFR -

Positives - British, glorious soundtrack, stunning and modern interior, rear wheel drive.

Negatives - pre facelift looks a little tired against the facelift, not particularly tuneable, still a slight whiff of walnut lined Golf Clubs about Jaguar (which its rapidly shedding I might add)

RR Sport Supercharged -

Positives - British, perfect all rounder, keeps the wife happy because it's a) a RRS and b) the high driving position, great on long journeys or across muddy fields; it's still a Land Rover at heart.

Negatives - can't think of any, I know people mention reliability but ever LR I've owned has been nothing but a pleasure with almost zero costs outside of wear and tear and servicing. Maybe the potential costs could be a negative but all of these cars have those.

S212 E63 -

Positives - Stunning soundtrack, boot space is class leading, it's a Mercedes

Negatives - Would be pre-facelift which looks really old against the facelift, the interior feels cheap, nowhere to put my right elbow when on a long journey, bit hesitant about the reliability of the early 6.2's.

Or..... Wait a while an buy a CLS 63 Shooting Brake...

RS6 for me, looks how the Mercs should (on steriods) and have the power/grip to match. I would ignore your negatives lol

The S212 would be nice but I am not a major fan of the pre-facelift either

The CLS SB would be awesome and seeing you like to have a regular change, have the Audi as a stop-gap until the CLS becomes viable?

RS6 for me, looks how the Mercs should (on steriods) and have the power/grip to match. I would ignore your negatives lol

The S212 would be nice but I am not a major fan of the pre-facelift either

The CLS SB would be awesome and seeing you like to have a regular change, have the Audi as a stop-gap until the CLS becomes viable?

Whichever it is won't be a stop-gap, I intend to order either a brand new S212 E63 or CLS 63 SB next year so that's partly why I'm not worried about the CLS now because I'm very likely going to get one next year anyway.

Re the RS6: I like the looks, like the sound, but there's just something holding me back and I can't quite put my finger on it...

Also the RS6 for me, nothing stands up to holding that power down like the quattro system. Thought I was going to be in the minority here, but it looks like the RS6 has had a head start, just like it would at every traffic light ;)

RS6 for me too mate. Just looks tidy. I'm not keen on the current merc styling across the whole range. It looks bitty and too fussy for my taste. The RS6 has a clean, purposeful appearance.

Last edited:
XFR:

Essentially the RR is a different class of car.

Of the other three it would be an RS6 Avant for me - love the rear quarters and they are massively tuneable.

The Jaguar is dated - agreed.

Don't see the point of a RRS supercharge, if you want poor fuel consumption I then want performance = RS6.

RRS is ideal for just wafting about so get a diesel.

I've driven a V10 RS6 and it was the most boring experience ever, didn't even feel that fast.

Plus, if you think a RRS is heavy on fuel....

You naturally lean towards RRs anyway.

I'd go for it on the basis that none of them do decent economy and they do sound great...

FFRR Supercharged

Maserati Quattroporte.

Just thought I'd throw a left field option in for you Lee. :D

Out of your list I'd probably go for the Audi. In fact I would have had one now but for the dire customer service I received at Bolton when I had the S8. Swore then I'd never have another one. Had an XFR for a while (2012MY) but never got on with it. No idea why, me and the car just didn't gel for some reason. Know nothing about RR's so can't comment on them, and you know the E Class as well as most anyway.

Wouldn't of thought that MPG would matter when you're looking at this class of cars...

I had a brand new RSQ3, RS6 and RS7 last year... Last year was probably the worst year of my life.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom