Rust on wheel arch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clarea

Car
2005 S320 cdi Limo
I have a very small amount of rust on the nearside rear wheel arch and it's annoying me :) Can anyone recommend somewhere I can get it fixed please? Near St Albans, Herts. Thank you

I have a very small amount of rust on the nearside rear wheel arch and it's annoying me :) Can anyone recommend somewhere I can get it fixed please? Near St Albans, Herts. Thank you

If the arch is original paint run it my your local Mercedes dealership and get them to look at it, maybe a warranty claim ?

Thanks tromppost, sadly car is too old to be covered by a warranty.

Sorry to say They are very unlikely to sort the paint work under warranty.
They will always find a excuse like a stone chip started it.

I would check the other wheel arch too as the chance is both arches will require paint and as the bumper would need to come off to paint you may as well get both done. The approximate price would be £300 to £600 depending on colour and how bad it is.

Sorry i have no idea who you could use in your area.

Whenever I've repaired/had repaired such rust it's always come back. Is that my bad luck or indicative of the true source being underneath?

Thanks for this. How much was it?

It cost £1000.00. Arches stripped of all underseal, then treated with preservative and rust proofing fluid, then resealed. Arches painted to match bodywork (brilliantly) and a few bits and pieces done too.

As I say, that had lasted up until the day I wrote of the car.....there wasn't a trace of rust to be seen.

I would guarantee that both arches will require to be done the bumper will need to be removed along with the inner wheel arch (the rubber bit)

Thanks guys. Got a couple of quotes the other day and getting a couple more next week. First place I took it to only wanted to put a new panel on at a cost of £5k :) the 2nd place was around £450.
My plan is to get it done and then detailed before winter. It's my daily drive so as much as I look after it i should try not to be too precious!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom