rusty - not rusty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

frostbite

Car
C43 AMG, 96 Jeep Cherokee 2.5, Triumph Explorer and Thruxton
Before and after shots of work by the good Dave Gate, who is Phoenix Motor Bodies near Crewe. Small business, long waiting list but very reasonable prices and good work.
IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

He also cleaned up rust treated the bits he didn't need to weld, zinc painted the interior work and then filled the sills with Schultz. Now I can put it all back together!

Was this done on your c43 as I see you have one noted in your profile details?

Wish i could find one local to me i have £800 just burning my hand to spend on my bodywork and no one to do the job.

I have a 2001 CLK that had rust on all four wheel arches, pin holes on front wings, rust hole on bonnet, rust around boot key holder and rust on rear 1/4 panel offside that fell apart when I put pressure on it.

The 1/4 panel had new metal put into it. the arches were rubbed down to bear metal, ground the rust out, rust treated , filled, and sealed with resin from front lip af arch to the inside lip, stone guard was sprayed on then sprayed to colour of car. Trim was taken off of car not masked up.

This lot cost me £900 and it took two weeks.

The unit is in Ansley in wark's, so not to far from you. If your interested let me know and I'll provide contact details.

The guy really is a body and paint wizard, so much so I have trusted him my street rod (consul Capri) for a body restoration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom