s123 230te A, abs issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hese 123

Car
s123 230te -80
Hey all,

Hese from Finland writing here.

I have this awesome car, s123 230te automatic, air conditioner,electronic windows, sunroof,7 seats,abs and 3x horns to make way around corolla guys.

But now the issue im having, abs light comes on whit ignition, turns off when motor is running and coming back on when driving over 20km/h.

I suspect its those front abs-sensors, tried to take one out but the ring where bolt goes, crumbled to dust and sensor is still sitting tight.

I tried to make new wtb thread on market section, but couldnt yet. Rights or something missing.

So now, Finland has none for sale, germany has some maby, but how about uk? (front abs sensors, that is what im looking) edit.

and thanks in advance, im so in love with these old mb's. Current car is no. 34 in my history of owning these. This is first one with abs tho, and mot day is friday, mot found broken suspension,cracked windshield, abs not working and exhaustion leak.

All but abs fixed now.

regards, hese.

Attachments

• s123.jpg
    s123.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Hi
don't know how similar the W123 is but that sounds like the same problem I had with my W124 230TE - which was a charging problem, down to the brush/diode pack. If the Voltage fluctutes the ABS is turned off to protect the circuit, which puts on the warning light - could be worth checking alternator output (and OVP if W123 has one?)

Good luck anyway

Last edited:
thanks for reply, im not sure if its there but definitely going to check that out.

should be located behind battery, if its same as w124.

hese

thanks for reply, im not sure if its there but definitely going to check that out.

should be located behind battery, if its same as w124.

hese

the OVP on my '85 107 SL was behind glovebox so if not behind battery then check behind the glovebox ;-)

Great car by the way!

Thanks, will check that too. Didnt know that spot, appreciated.

hese

Nope, its not behind glovebox or anywhere in that area. Neither behind battery.

Pretty sure it's behind the passenger kick panel at the base of the A Pillar.
It has been some years since I've had a W123 apart though!

i'll post couple pics, overwiev of that area behind kickpanel/glovebox.

before that, i measured the resistance from abs sensors, driver side (eu) was
2ohms, passenger side were all between 8-35ohms. So i tried to fix that myself.

No go, same result. abs light comes back on after 20km/h speed.

and cant post more than 3 pics in message :)

Hese

Attachments

• abs.jpg
    abs.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 10
  • akku.jpg
    akku.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 8
  • sis4.jpg
    sis4.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 9
And couple more.

Attachments

• sis3.jpg
    sis3.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 7
  • sis2.jpg
    sis2.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 7
Pretty sure the test for ABS pickups is a/c Volts not resistance?

Pretty sure the test for ABS pickups is a/c Volts not resistance?

Not sure about this, i tried to google alot and most reasonable results were with resistance measuring.

Hese

going to check if i can get replacement tomorrow, its the last mot day left in 1month time after first visit.

hese

been looking all over the world, 20+ emails sent. Brand new is 220euros or from veho (mb official) its little less than that.

right number for abs is 0265001014.

Heikki

yes, i did send them email. No words yet, waiting.

The issue seems to be that even the plug part number matches, sensor may not.

So still looking and waiting to hear from sellers.

Thanks tho.

Hese

Only other thing I can add, W124 sensors are 'handed' ie not interchangeable left and right, iirc, don't know if W123 is the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom