S124 e300d 1996

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tron

Car
S203 220CDI.
One of the good ones with a huge and expensive service history.
I had wanted one for twenty years and twenty years later, it feels just a bit too classic for me. I prefer the C class so I bought one of those instead.
Blue black metallic, eight hole alloys, black leather, electric ortho driver's seat, tilt and slide sunroof, ice cold aircon and a remade engine wiring loom.
One new glow plug was needed and it starts promptly on six.
Aerial retracts, remote central locking and tailgate closer all work, Fuel gauge repaired but occasionally jumps to full for a few minutes. 220,000 miles, OM606.910 engine and four speed auto. New MB battery and five nearly new Continentals. All the rust was cut out and repaired properly last year and the rear wheel bearings were replaced as well. The rear suspension was rebuilt about four years ago.
The car drives beautifully, coming into its own on a run it is comfortable, brakes well and tracks dead straight but being non turbo you have to let it gather speed which it eventually finds in abundance!

It is in very good condition but like all cars of this age and complexity, it is for the knowledgeable because it will need to be kept in its current condition and improved upon. My jobs list was to replace the injector seals and fit a K1 spring upgrade kit to the box.
Those parts are included in the sale together with a transmission filter, gasket and ten litres of fluid and the correct socket for removing the injectors. The radio works but it isn't a Bang and Olufsen, and a bulb is out on the left hand heater vent.
Other wise though it is a structurally sound and pretty car with a good specification.
MOT June 2018.
I gave a fair £1500 for it, have spent a few hundred since and I am looking
to recover the original investment, so £1500 is the price. Car is in Poole Dorset so if you are interested, kindly contact me by PM.
Thanks, Tom.

Thank you to the forum hosts, the car has found a new home and will be in good hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom