S202 250TD advice sought, please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tron

Car
S203 220CDI.
1998 model first registered August 1998.
Does my car (I haven't collected it yet) Have a cat?
If it does, can I neuter it?
If I can, should I?
Thank you.

Doesn´t everything after about 1990 have a catalyst, some 2 or 3 different ones? And assuming it's not faulty or causing problems why would you do anything about it?

Yes it will have a cat. My old car that was the same age/model did have.
I had it removed 4 or 5 years ago due to rust and the price of a replacement.
I questioned my mot tester when the new rules came in and got told not to worry with it being the age it is and diesel.
Needless to say it always passed its mot with the stainless exhaust (with no cat) and was tested at 3 different mot stations.
None of them said a word.

Thank you Laters. I know that they tend to fur up and are usually better removed as a car with a blocked cat will use more fuel and is worse for the galaxy than one without a cat (although this issheer hypocrisy because if I cared about my carbon footprint, I wouldn't have a 2.5 litre car. I just wondered if it would go faster:D)

Cant comment on it going any faster (but I doubt removing the cat would make any difference unless it was blocked or partially blocked).
I know that the biggest difference to the performance of the car was fitting a tuning box, totally transformed the car.

1998 model first registered August 1998.
Does my car (I haven't collected it yet) Have a cat?
If it does, can I neuter it?
If I can, should I?
Thank you.

Yes and to pass MOT is visual inspection only, not emissions, so keep it but hollow it out, and delete the centre suitcase sized silencer also.

Theres loads of details in my build here:

Mercedes C250TD Wagon - into - C300TD Wagon.. | Retro Rides

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom