S203 Wet electrics in footwell causing stereo to stay on.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Agwarn

Car
2014(64) Vito 113CDI and 2007 (57) S203 220CDI Avantgarde SE sport
Wife was driving home from work and I got a phone call to say the car (2001 S203 220CDI) was going crazy giving out fault codes and flashing lights like they were going out of fashion.
After having a look around on here I worked out that the bulkhead drains were blocked (we had biblical rain the night before) causing water to flood into the passenger footwell! there was about 1" of water under the carpet wetting various plugs along the sill area and a black ECU/control box under where your feet would go.

I dried all the water out and got a hair dryer on the plugs, car is now back to normal except for the radio (I think audio10 CD) which wont turn off or respond to the controls on the steering wheel. I even took the fuse out (64?) but it still stays on. my question is am I missing anywhere else that would be likely to be wet? is it likely to be back feeding in the fuse box (in engine bay on left near bonnet hinge) or is the radio going to need replacing? :dk:

One of the main can connector plugs sits in the trunking on the n/s door sill maybe it has water damage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom