S204 frozen mirror mechanism (Tip!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dutchbenz

Purmerend, Netherlands deceased 26-12-2018
Car
2008 S204 C230 estate
The past few days we also had our share of winter (a bit), when I unlocked my C230 and opened the driversdoor the mirror refused to unfold.
I realised the mirror mechanism could be frozen so relocked, unlocked again and entered through the rear door.
With a heatgun I carefully warmed the mirror housing a bit so the mirror unfolded after a while and no harm was done.
Lesson learned: switch off the folding function during cold temperatures when locking the car!
Tony.

Heatgun? Yikes, maybe a hairdryer would be more appropriate. You were obviously very careful but risky all the same.

Never mind, U.K. Is back to tropical temperatures now. :)

Heatgun? Yikes, maybe a hairdryer would be more appropriate. You were obviously very careful but risky all the same.

Never mind, U.K. Is back to tropical temperatures now. :)
I am disappointed that you have to open the door for mirrors to unfold with Mercedes rather than upon unlocking like other manufacturers, poor design when you have puddle lights in them as they do not illuminate a large enough area...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I am disappointed that you have to open the door for mirrors to unfold with Mercedes rather than upon unlocking like other manufacturers, poor design when you have puddle lights in them as they do not illuminate a large enough area...

They unfold when the door is opened, terrible innit.

They unfold when the door is opened, terrible innit.
Old technology throw back to the 20th Century, expect more from a 100k car but I forgive it ;-).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom