S210 E55 AMG - Big Black Monster!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Gosh that is cheap. Didn't Prestige Motor Co have a silver one some months back that they wanted £15k for with similar mileage?

That is definately worth restoring back to it's former glory with a full respray if necessary. Nice car.

On very fast attractive hearse:ban:

If the owners ability to park is anything to go by (every bumper corner scuffed) then i wonder what the rest of the car is like.

No offence to anyone by saying this, but when I was looking for an E55 AMG I steered clear of the black ones because they look like a hearse.

Its a low mileage car, but for an E55 pretty low spec. No COMAND, sunroof or PDC. Seems very low miles, given its had 4 owners.

Last edited:
That is cheap for a facelift estate with that miles. The bodywork isn't that bad, I've seen 2 year old cars in much more of a state!

Well if (a) it looks like a hearse in black and (b) it needs a respray, then repsraying in a different colour sorts out both (a) and (b) ! :D

talbir

Who cares if it looks like a hearse. That is some seriously quick car for the money.

That is a bargain which ever way you look at it. So what if it hasn't got pcd, people should learn to park properly! ;)

Sold :-(

Anyone on here?

I went to look at it today, and decided it wasnt for me.

AC didnt work, had already been regassed at some point
Front bumper was split in 2 places, held together with gaffer tape and wires
Rear bumper split
Dent on passanger side wing
rust on drivers wing
passanger mirror broken glass and housing
dent below passanger side rear light (on qtr panel)
Heavily kerbed alloys
drivers headrest not working
slight knock from rear under kickdown
excess tyre wear on passanger side front wheel - would need alignment

IMO £1500 to get it right. And yes you would have a low mileage E55, but a pretty basic one. Im not sure what the market would be like in a years time, for a estate E55 thats lacking spec.

Hence no E55 for me today,

Hmm....completely at odds with what I was told.

I wonder what part of the question "anything not working?" considering the above results in the answer "everything works".

Err, no, not the case apparently.

I think I will stick with my hunt for a W220 as a (large) runabout till a decent biturbo comes along.

Last edited:
I went to look at it today, and decided it wasnt for me.

AC didnt work, had already been regassed at some point
Front bumper was split in 2 places, held together with gaffer tape and wires
Rear bumper split
Dent on passanger side wing
rust on drivers wing
passanger mirror broken glass and housing
dent below passanger side rear light (on qtr panel)
Heavily kerbed alloys
drivers headrest not working
slight knock from rear under kickdown
excess tyre wear on passanger side front wheel - would need alignment

IMO £1500 to get it right. And yes you would have a low mileage E55, but a pretty basic one. Im not sure what the market would be like in a years time, for a estate E55 thats lacking spec.

Hence no E55 for me today,

Would he take an offer Aka$h?

I offered him £4150, he would get back to me if it didn't sell. I forgot to add:
Tailgate rusty near brake light, bottom of window and near lock.

Service history missing to 25k.
2 stamps at redhill mb @ 25k & 31k. That's all the history prior to this guys purchase (3 owners worth). This guy has been taking it annually to an Indy.

All in, Id rather have a specced one with more miles but in better condition.

I couldn't live with my e320 cdi having more spec than my e55.

£3500 I reckon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom