S210 Interior Light Confusion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4 Strings

Car
S211 E280
Either my car or myself is confused. Perhaps both.

The interior light in my recently bought S210 E240 seems to be operating incorrectly.

When the doors are opened, or indeed unlocked, the lights come on. However, rather than diffused lights it's the reading spot lamps. This both front and middle lighting. Playing around with the switch doesn't help at all, it's impossible to select a mode which operates the diffused part of the lamp with the doors/unlocking, only the reading light.

I can get the passenger side diffused part of the light on, I think with the passenger door open (it all gets so confusing!) so that bulb at least work.

I've had the front light apart, wondering if water had got in somewhere to confuse things, but all, including the bulbs, appeared pristine. I cleaned up the contacts anyway.

As it seems to be a control (as opposed to switching) issue I wondered if there was a circuit board somewhere looking after this?

Last edited:
Anyone have any idea where the circuit board that looks after the interior lights is?

Is it in the front 'dome' lamp?

Are you trying this when it is light outside?
I remember thinking that the interior light didn't work when I first got my 203 but it was because they don't come on in daylight.

Fair comment, Lyserman, but no, this is in the dark too. In fact I didn't even notice it until it was dark. The lights come on as expected, but just the wrong ones!

There's definitely something amiss as if I play with the switch at all it's a pain trying to get things working as expected again.

It's not the biggest issue in the world, but a little irritating that it's not right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom