S210 SLS 2002 - One side higher than standard ride height ! ? ! ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

datripsta

Car
E320 CDI ( S210 & S211 )
I recently noticed the off side rear of my car is about 20mm or so higher than the rest of the cars ride height. :doh: I noticed after changing front springs and shocks with spring rubbers etc.... due to a snapped nearside spring snapping at the bottom. It might not sound much but on an avantgrde with 18 Monos on it, now Ive seen it I cant help thinking it looks a mile off and the effects on geometry of car and so on. It needs to be sorted.

I had the accumulators replaced around 6 months ago. TBH I didn't notice anything then but suspension has always been harsh and took this is due to avangarde model with factory fitted 18" mono blocks. Ride was slightly improved after accumulators were changed.

I've got no idea how long the ride has been higher ant one side at the back as I park the car in a garage and don't often get to see the car in full to notice these problems.

All springs are good on the car, not snapped. Other 3 wheels are riding same height and look normal for pip 1 spring rubber set up. No fluid leaks at the back anywhere.

I sat in the boot ( 112 kg ) in shop car park with boot full of food. Didn't notice any drop or rise in suspension. :wallbash:

Now I've changed front end shocks and springs I can defo say the rear is harder but not by much, its more pot holes I notice it. Speed bumps, corners etc.... all feels good.

Is it possible when the guys fitted new accumulators an air lock or something has made its way to the off side read shock causing it to be higher than the rest of the car ?

I've read so many posts about sagging SLS and non working SLS but not seen anything that details the problem I have.

I'm going to get some mates round to get some more weight in the car and help check the car does level out to check system is working.

Any suggestions to what the issue might be are greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom