S210 unobtainable paint code for inset trim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welland99

Car
W210 E280 estate 1999 facelift; 6th gen honda accord coupe 2000
The inset trim panels in my S210 doors and bumpers are a different colour to the rest of the body panels.

The bodywork is metallic dark red, [FONT=&quot]567U - titanite red, by name, I believe.

However, the dealer cannot give me a paint code for the inset trim, which is darker and seems to be not metallic. They have suggested that I go in for them to have a look, but that is inconvenient as it's 20 miles away.

Does anybody know a source that can get me the correct paint code?:dk:
[/FONT]

I don't really understand what parts you are talking about. Can you add a photo? A good bodyshop should be able to match the paint or, I have had good service with Halfords who will make up a can for you.

Even if you do get the code then i very much doubt it will be a perfect match for the rest of the car , due to its age.

Why dont you go to a local automotive paint supplier who will have colour cards that you can compare next to the cars paintwork , they can then supply the paint for sprayguns or in an aerosol.

I did the above with an older bike (1998) , i took the tank in and matched it with their cards and the closest match was a Toyota colour :dk:

DSCN0505_zpsboow10zz.jpg

20160423_1754111_zpsqmqssxjf.jpg

20160420_171252_zpsuash2yxg.jpg

Kenny

Are we talking bumper inserts and door strips?

If you have the full Chassis number I may be able to find out for you.

According to EPC the door mouldings are 'dark oxide red' ES2 code 3445

Curiously the front bumper towing eye flap is 'titanic red' ES2 code 3567

Last edited:
afaik 3567 is just the matt finish version of Titanite Red Metallic ? [Possibly also known as Bordeau Red Metallic ??]

According to EPC the door mouldings are 'dark oxide red' ES2 code 3445

Curiously the front bumper towing eye flap is 'titanic red' ES2 code 3567

Thanks very much. I wonder why my nearest MB dealer could not tell me that? (sigh!)

Front bumper towing eye flap..... :confused:. I've had the car 7 years (I think), but not noticed one of these. It must be well camouflaged:dk:

afaik 3567 is just the matt finish version of Titanite Red Metallic ? [Possibly also known as Bordeau Red Metallic ??]

Not sure about that. It definitely looks like a different colour to me, and it doesn't look metallic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom