S211 Airmatic - Scanned fault fixed - wont rise ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

datripsta

Car
E320 CDI ( S210 & S211 )
I had my car scanned today after the rear dropping when drivingCarit wasn't quite on the stops but close. During tests with a mates RAC scanner ( hes an RAC guy ) we got the rear to lower but wouldn't rise. Pump error was found, Ive just been out to the car and the pump is like new Id eat my dinner off it. I found the plug clip is broken and it had worked loose. I sorted this and the pump runs but only for around 10 secs then cuts out, red error on dash and car still bottomed out at rear.

The previous owner said he had all 4 bags replaced and a new pump which I've checked and sure enough its all still like new.

I've also replaced the relay and checked all fuses.

Is it possible there is a hard error code locking up the airmatic system ?

I wont have access to the scanner until the weekend and I really need to get the car moving. If its possible its a code I may call out my breakdown cover and see if they will clear the codes.

I've read the pump will run and run if there is a leak. I've had no symptoms at all until now so it seems there is no leak or a big one at least. I cant really be sure until the dam pump runs enough to lift the car. I guess the value body could be clocked but wouldn't that have thrown a fault ? I cant remember the exact code but it was something to do with no communication to pump which is now sorted. No other codes showing at the time.

Any are hugely pointers appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom