S212 (w212 estate) license plate LED change?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ninjin

Hi Guys,

Need some help with S212 (w212 estate) license plate LED change.

There is nothing listed specifically for the S212, only for the W212. Which according to all ebay vendors is the same as the W204 C and W221 S.

Rather than get the complete light module, I thought I would be a cheapskate and get some CANBUS LED bulbs instead and they came, which are festoon type.

Because no one listed bulbs for the W212, I got bulbs for the W204, seeing they used the same light unit, must use the same bulb right? follow so far....?

Well, I had a look at my license light unit, and mine from what I can see uses a side light wedge bulb not a festoon, but the overall light unit looks like the same as the ebay vendors for the W212/W204 etc

So the question is, has anyone change the bulb in a S212, or can any owners who have a W212 and W204 tell me what bulb is used in the license plate light?

Thanks!

Al.

I changed mine. They are a 501 fitting. I'm not sure you need canbus error free because with my bulbs removed it showed no error, I checked.
I bought some off eBay. They are the SMD ones and work fine.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....184972&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_2222wt_952

To change them you need to remove the inner boot liner. I started at one side part with a screwdriver and got my fingers behind to pull it off. It's held on by about 20 push in clips so it'll just pull off

Last edited:
Hi ninjin
I got some of KillerHERTZ on this site for my s211 rear number plate must say great service and they look great he's even got a photo of mine on his listing
Regards john

Hi ninjin
I got some of KillerHERTZ on this site for my s211 rear number plate must say great service and they look great he's even got a photo of mine on his listing
Regards john

The W212 Estate rear plate uses W5W's. Either have a look on eBay or I can supply you with some tried & tested ones:

W5W-1.jpg

Hi there, new to the forum. Just bought a Mercedes 2007/8 280CDI estate and I want to change my number plate lights to the brighter side. Which version should I be looking for and who should I buy them from. Are the lights easy to change?

Wattywoo

Any help gratefully received.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom