S65 AMG at the Detroit Motorshow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I read the review of the new S500 in the Telegraph motoring section on Saturday just gone. The level of technology in the new S Class is staggering - MB really have moved the game forward with this car. Great stuff!

Rose Chap said:
I read the review of the new S500 in the Telegraph motoring section on Saturday just gone. The level of technology in the new S Class is staggering - MB really have moved the game forward with this car. Great stuff!

But will it be reliable?

Also, is the rust issue all sorted out now on the latest models?

Looks absolutely stunning - S65 AMG will be well out of my league but S500 with the AMG goodies will do for me and keep me smiling... :)

Very nice indeed :cool:

Looking in the background, I saw a slide which looked like "GL Class". Never heard of the GL class, a quick Google found this:
270847_415264_381_254_gl_class_LI_600.jpg

No doubt, it's been covered here, but I missed it :rolleyes:

Should get the anti-suv brigade frothing at the mouth :D

Rose Chap said:
Good question that needs answering! Maybe the MB Club community should collectively buy one and I'll keep it for a few years to test its long term reliabilty :D

If you need any help (driving not buying!) I shall be pleased to assist!

it seems like they have softened the arches and that makes for a more pleasent exterior but im not keen on the silver bands running across the rear light cluster. overall its one fine looking machine :)

I love those WHEELS and everything else.

C43AMG said:
I love those WHEELS and everything else.

They also do 20" AMGs in another design slightly different for the new S Class.... The AMG bodykit makes the car look soo sexy... :rock:

Is there an aerodynamics reason for MB adopting the BMW style boot fitting, or is it just a styling trend?

For me it just makes the back end look a bit clumsy.

BMW style rear bootlip spoiler, no-doubt there will be some ludicrous technical reason why an insane charge will be applied when fitting this top of the range highest quality MB peice of paint coated plastic as part of the AMG package such as, it will help you defy the natural laws of gravity keeping you bonded to the road while speeding along at the height of motoring performance whilst at the same time allowing you to travel in inexplicable comfort in the most stylish four wheeled creation known to man!!!or something along those lines. :)

at work,bored,not sure where im going with this, sarcastic rant :crazy:

Last edited:
Thmsshaun said:
But will it be reliable?

Yes because they've removed SBC....Ohhhh!! :p :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom