S65 AMG Cabriolet V12

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Mercedes-AMG is proud to introduce the V12-powered S65 Cabriolet, representing the latest member to join the ever growing S-Class family.
Despite the ongoing downsizing trend, Daimler isn’t willing to let the massive V12 go and the company will actually boost production of the 6.0-liter unit. Now, the bi-turbo motor has found a new home as Mercedes-AMG is launching the S65 Cabriolet that will offer a mighty 621 hp (463 kW) and 738 lb-ft (1,000 Nm) of torque.
It’s enough punch to grant the large open-top model with a sprint to 62 mph (100 km/h) in 4.1 seconds and an electronically-governed top speed of 155 mph (250 km/h). There’s an optional AMG Driver’s Package that will bump maximum velocity to a restricted 186 mph (300 km/h).
As you would expect from a V12-powered Mercedes, the S65 Cabriolet comes exclusively with the AMG SPEEDSHFIT 7G-TRONIC gearbox. It sends power to a set of elegant multi-spoke 20-inch forged wheels featuring a ceramic high-sheen finish and wrapped in 255/40 ZR 20 front and 285/35 ZR20 rear tires.
Being a cabriolet from Mercedes, the model has the usual AIRCAP wind protection system and the AIRSCARF neck-level heating system. It also boasts heated armrests, an intelligent climate control system and a three-layered acoustic fabric roof available in four colors.
Mercedes-AMG will start taking orders from April 4 next year before the car will begin hitting dealerships in May, so deliveries should kick off in time for the summer.

00.jpg

00.jpg

00.jpg

00.jpg

00.jpg

00.jpg

00.jpg

00.jpg

00.jpg

00.jpg

I've been up those steps! To the AMG private lounge.

Imagine that hood in 2 years time, dreadful.

S

God I hope they make that suitable for people over 6'4".

Nice car apart from all that tacky chrome.

The back end suits that shape better than the coupe.

And it's about time Mercedes made a ridiculously ostentatious cabriolet again.

I hope a few of them sell so I can afford one 20 years down the line :D

Very nice. Aimed at the Bentley market?

Dash is very similar to the 213 E class.

Is it me, or does MB have a "hmmm, we have a space in the dash, and we've nothing to put in there, ah...another air vent will do the trick", thing going on in general.

I absolutely love that :cool:

Length of a boat but with 12mm leg room in the rear.

Yep, I'd have one as a weekend car :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom