Sat Nav problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greyhound1874

Car
Mercedes C180 Kompressor Evolution
Morning, I am on this site, however, my friend has a c180 blue efficiency reg SA12 NTE..when he presses NAVI button all you get is No navigation module is connected..any help appreciated..he bought it last week from Arnold Clark's so he called them to query this..response was..Call Mercedes..they said it needs updated..lol..typical, once they have your money they don't care..is it correct the module is in the glovebox and could be a problem within that..many thanks

I imagine that the nav module isn't there. Have a look in the top right of the glove box and if there is just an empty cradle he needs to buy a Becker nav module. Lots on eBay for about £200

84-030716201247.jpg

If the car was advertised as having a navigation system then he should go back to the vendor. These units are plug and play so easily nicked/swopped.

Most dealers remove them when they get them and only put them back in when the car is sold so that they don't get nicked.

If the car was advertised as having a sat nav option fitted then you have a case. If it was assumed there was because it had the button then less so.

If you do need to buy one, then make sure you get a genuine unit as there are a lot of fakes out there on the likes of ebay which will not take the map updates and Becker will not support you.

Most dealers remove them when they get them and only put them back in when the car is sold so that they don't get nicked.

If the car was advertised as having a sat nav option fitted then you have a case. If it was assumed there was because it had the button then less so.

If you do need to buy one, then make sure you get a genuine unit as there are a lot of fakes out there on the likes of ebay which will not take the map updates and Becker will not support you.

As above.

Just to add that a maps update is ~£100.

A new unit comes with 45 days free map updates.

So if buying a second-hand unit, check that it already has the latest maps (2017/2018), or otherwise allow ~£100 for maps update.

It's also important to update the firmware, but this is free.

Latest maps came out last week. You can buy a one off update, or a 2 year plan which usually means 4 updates over that period.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I am also getting the same message as the OP. I have the Decker unit, but there isn't a SD card in the decker unit - will this be why I am getting the error message?

That should be "Becker unit", not Decker :)

If you actually have the unit in the glove box fitting there is a reset button on the unit itself....mine has frozen before and pressing the button restored it....you might need a sharp point to push it...must be worth a try eh.:)
Have to add when I got mine it came fitted with a little security slider for removing the becker unit from its housing but some people remove them making it very hard to actually remove...main dealers sell them for about £12...expensive bit of plastic but invaluable.
Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom