Sat Nav screen anti glare coating

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jagman42

Car
SL350
I have just bought a 2008 350SL and am a newbie to the MB Club( I do have another Merc Estate so am familiar with the workings etc). My question is , and am sure that this problem has been discussed many times. My screen has had most of the coating of antiglare wiped off by previous owners etc and i would like to remove what is left and then apply a film coating.
Problem is that everybody seems to have a differing view as to how to remove the existing coating and there does not seem to be one method that all agree on!
Any suggestions as to a safe and easy way would be appreciated

Thanks for your help and took the plunge yesterday. It is amazing how thin the anti glare coating is as just gave it a rub over with Zymol Cleaning Polish and it all came off in a few goes! The screen now looks great.
Now my next problem is the leaking boot which have posted on here and got some responses.
Thanks again

I used Halfords Silicone Spray on mine a bit risky as I did not know what effect it would have trying to improve it. It removed the covering and left it a lot clearer. I used cotton buds to ensure I got right in the corner and it has made a vast inprovement.

GH3382

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom