Sat-nav updates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dabthesaab

Car
E220d coupe prem +
Hi all
anyone know what is the latest version update is for my system.
I can have three years free updates [currently due in 30 days for B1 service] and my version is Europe 2013 V8.0 .I have a 2012 C Class with command.
Many thanks

Yes, it's v10 March 2014. Apparently it needs a COMAND firmware update first to assist the update, see my recent thread about update to NTG4.5.

I had this confirmed with MB cust service in case I have any problems with a reticent dealer because I'm on v9 at the moment.

I have just had my A service done, the software update on my Ntg 4.5 was
V9.0 2013/2014 , but understand that software update V10 was released in March 2014

My B service was carried out on 26 March but the map was only updated to V9.0 (even came with a certificate of sorts). I must have missed out on V10 by just a few days :(

Don't let the dealer tell you that updates have to be tied into a service, updating is a stand alone service that should be done to suit you and not the dealer. I tried to get mine done today but the dealer didn't have the latest discs. Had I not contacted MB last week and gone armed with an email confirming v10 was the latest version then I expect that I'd have been fobbed off.

My service last year dealer said that I had the latest update but I had to show therm E-mail proving otherwise and then had to book in for another visit to be done.My dealership is in south wales and I don't think they are fully up to date as they are a franchise.

Just had my 2012 E500 coupe B serviced yesterday
Including Sat Nav update and paperwork shows Europe 2013/2014 V9.0
So is this not the latest version?

Hi all
anyone know what is the latest version update is for my system.
I can have three years free updates [currently due in 30 days for B1 service] and my version is Europe 2013 V8.0 .I have a 2012 C Class with command.
Many thanks

This depends if your car is NTG 4 or NTG 4.5.

Assuming it is the later version then V11 (NTG 4.5) is the latest one for the car.

Assuming it is the later version then V11 (NTG 4.5) is the latest one for the car.

Correction: V10 is the latest for NTG 4.5
V11 is the latest for NTG 4 (W204)

v11 for NTG4.5 now?

What is the update schedule?

Just spoken to Mercedes customer services and the very nice lady has confirmed my 2012 E500 Coupe should have had Europe V10.0 installed and not V9.0
I will be talking to the dealer to find out why it wasnt done

My bet is time, mine is still at v8 despite a service about 6 weeks ago, there is simply not enough time in the day to upgrade the various FWs in the car and the map data.

My dealer fronted up to this and said I could drop the car back for another day to get the map data updated later.

The best advice here is to get confirmation in writing from Mercedes about latest versions before going anywhere near a dealer and remember that when you bought the car you also bought into the map updates, it's all factored into the price, they are not free.

This is the reply from my dealership after getting the v9.0 software update instead of the latest V10 (car was in for first A service on 08/04/2014 )
"Although Version 10.0 was released by MB Germany in March 2014, it is usually a few months before UK dealerships receive the discs. Ergo, we should receive Version 10 discs end of next month maybe even start of June."

Last edited:
Please could anyone enlighten me as to my exact Sat nav type I.E. NTG 4 or 4.5.I have a 2012 c class with command the type with sd card slot on the front and do I e-mail cust services to ask what update is needed for my car to tell my dealer before it goes in for a service as I am off to France 4 days after service.
Thanks all

Contact via the MB website form quoting your car reg and ask them to confirm that V10 March 2014 is the latest update applicable to your car then print the email reply so you can show it to your dealer should the need arise. I have been advised that the update discs are not available at my dealer for another week or so and when they do arrive, the update will take about four hours but they are prepared to lend me a car if I want.

Cheers Chrisdean did the e-mail as you said and had reply stating the info you said V 10 now printed off ans will show to my dealer 1 week before my service

Thanks, very useful this forum as it made me aware of availability of V10.0, before it actually ended up in the catalog. Today got upgraded to V10.0 at the dealer's (the Netherlands) just 7 days before my car's 3 year birthday :).

By the way, I just noticed the catalog has been updated: https://www.mba-max.de/Customer/Navigation/Online/Navi_Car_EN.pdf?user=OdusEN&pwd=newuye).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom