Satnav speed camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Skeeno

Car
2019 A35 AMG
Downloaded the speed cameras data today from pocketgps site but have no audio warming sounds is this possible on a command NGT 4.5 unit in a 2012 C63???? If so how do you get it.

Downloaded the speed cameras data today from pocketgps site but have no audio warming sounds is this possible on a command NGT 4.5 unit in a 2012 C63???? If so how do you get it.

Go to POI scroll to Acoustic notification and tick the relevent boxes if that works you should get a 'bong' when approaching a speed camera.

Thanks for the reply but mine don't seem to give me that option in POI?

Skeeno said:

I have the audio warnings, also have 4.5 in my C63, maybe your command system needs a software update. just a thought.

If you do not have that option then it's probably not available on the comand ngt 4.5 2012 c63 amg as I have a 2013 model and I suspect the others members cars are 2013 amg that have the audible warning option.

I doubt a map update will make any difference as I had earlier version when I down loaded the PGPS map at the time. Maybe worth trying a map update as it is free for the first 3 years.

Maybe someone reading this with a 2012 c63 amg can confirm or deny this.

I think you may be right as I have just had a service and the command was updated so I think it may only work on later models but thanks anyway.

I have a 2012 C63 and I am desperate to try this. Thing is I have a mac I am still waiting to hear back from pocketgpsworld on how to install it using a mac. Ordered the 8gb SD card today also will keep everyone posted on how I get on.

ilovethiscity said:
I have a 2012 C63 and I am desperate to try this. Thing is I have a mac I am still waiting to hear back from pocketgpsworld on how to install it using a mac. Ordered the 8gb SD card today also will keep everyone posted on how I get on.

Hello I have done it on mine and it works just fine on a Mac .

You need an extra piece of software though in order to ensure that when you eject the sd card the Mac doesn't leave behind all its various hidden Mac files which make it unreadable sometimes.

I use something called Clean Eject.

So download the pgps zip file and unzip it using something like StuffIt expander (the built in Mac utility won't work) then copy these into a personal poi directory on your sd card then drag the sd card onto clean eject rather than the usual way if ejecting and you're good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom