Saturday night meet or Sunday meet and drive?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rashman

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK
Hey guys,

Right, I'm looking to try and sort out a meet-up this weekend.
I appreciate it's Father's Day so I'm expecting a lot of you to be busy with things on Sunday.

However, there may be some of you that are available, so I'm thinking of two options.

Either a meet at bluewater on Saturday night and then perhaps a drive to maybe Southend or something - thought this might make a change from the normal coffee and dougnuts? :D

Or

A meet and drive on Sunday.
I'm thinking maybe meet at clacketts at 10am-11am and then perhaps head down towards Lewes or Eastbourne for some lunch somewhere?

I would suggest a drive on Saturday day but at the moment it looks like possible rain on Friday night/ Saturday morning :doh:

Please let me know if any of you usual suspects are interested so we can maybe arrange something before it gets too late.

:thumb:

Hi mate,

I can do between 2-5 pm on Saturday or all day Sunday

Would be good for Saturday if poss!!!!

H

Sat afternoon in Southend would be nice. Need to check with the better half when I get home from work. Sundays out.

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies guys.

I will keep an eye on the weather as they were suggesting that it may well rain on Friday night/ Saturday morning..

I'll see how it's looking nearer the time.

Saturday good for me, Sunday's a no go

PS. Saturday afternoon in Kent is looking damp on BBC!

Rashman said:
Hey Henry, yes, I'm keeping an eye on the weather situation. Are you still restricted to a 3 hour window on saturday?

Pretty much mate, as long a I can get home for around 6 I should be ok.

I'll be at MSL on sat morning but should be back by Sat Evening should be good

donshl said:
I'll be at MSL on sat morning but should be back by Sat Evening should be good

What you having done?

Hey guys,
I'm pretty knackered at the mo.. just got the wheels back on the car and I'm pretty beat.
I'll decide on when I'm likely to get the car out tomorrow.
It's looking more likely to be either Saturday evening on Sunday though if I'm honest.
I'm meeting a few friends tomorrow evening for food and drinks so it could well rule out a Saturday day drive.

Rashman said:
Hey guys, I'm pretty knackered at the mo.. just got the wheels back on the car and I'm pretty beat. I'll decide on when I'm likely to get the car out tomorrow. It's looking more likely to be either Saturday evening on Sunday though if I'm honest. I'm meeting a few friends tomorrow evening for food and drinks so it could well rule out a Saturday day drive.

I have a mates birthday bash Sat evening and Dads day Sunday (might be up for a drive in the afternoon) so morning will be out.

Rash, a couple more to consider down this neck of the woods. 1, The White Hart in Catsfield. good beer and food. 2, The Bowl near Charing - go up Charing hill from the A20 towards Canterbury until you get to Fixings Warehouse at the top, immediately turn left, that lane leads to the pub. Only bar food like ham, egg and chips at the moment but will be doing full food in a couple of weeks time. 3, The Queens Head at Icklesham (A259 between Hastings and Winchelsea), best real ale pub for many a mile, plus good food and a lovely view from the garden, good car park behind pub. First time it's hard to find the small turning (left as you head from Hastings towards Winchelsea) off the A259 in Icklesham, onto a narrow road, left bend with pub entrance to the right, big car park behind pub to the left.

I am up for saturday eve as working in the day

Rash, a couple more to consider down this neck of the woods. 1, The White Hart in Catsfield. good beer and food. 2, The Bowl near Charing - go up Charing hill from the A20 towards Canterbury until you get to Fixings Warehouse at the top, immediately turn left, that lane leads to the pub. Only bar food like ham, egg and chips at the moment but will be doing full food in a couple of weeks time. 3, The Queens Head at Icklesham (A259 between Hastings and Winchelsea), best real ale pub for many a mile, plus good food and a lovely view from the garden, good car park behind pub. First time it's hard to find the small turning (left as you head from Hastings towards Winchelsea) off the A259 in Icklesham, onto a narrow road, left bend with pub entrance to the right, big car park behind pub to the left.

Blimey Chris, with me monitoring the weather and you sorting out venues, we could have a little business! lol

Thanks for your usual helpful input regarding places to go.

Right guys, with everyone understandably busy with things this weekend, and my short notice shout-out, it looks as though a Saturday night meet is the most viable option.

It looks like rain on Saturday morning but things should dry up by the afternoon/ evening.

So I propose we meet at bluewater at around 8pm, grab a coffee, chat and then maybe take a drive down towards Southend to see what vehicular mischief is going on down there these days.

A friend of mine will be joining me in his GT-R and possibly another friend in his Spec-C Subaru.

I understand that Don & Clive are happy to meet us too, which is great stuff.

I will also give Cliff a shout and see what he's saying.
He's usually keen for Saturday night jaunts :rock:

Maybe I'll get Thomas out with his mentalist SL too.

Post up to confirm you are keen with this arrangement guys.

1. Rashman - CLK63
2. Sjmaxwell - CLK55
3. Rashman's mate - GT-R
4. Rashman's mate - Subaru
5. Don - CLS55
6. Cliff - SL Brabus K8
7. Thomas - mentalist SL55 (possible)
8. Clive - CLK430 Brabus

Last edited:
Guys, do any of you know what Alex's forum name is, the guy who was at the last bluewater meet in the C55?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom