Saved myself a small fortune on Auto-Glym products today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I availed myself of similar products only yesterday, a bit of a mixture though of Autoglym and Maguiers.

Strange how we have very similar user names, I thought I had a doppleganger for a minute lol!

I did the same about 2 weeks ago. Picked up a few new products and replaced some that had run out. Think I have nearly every autoglym product relevant to my car now :)

Halfords | Cleaning & Body Repair | Car Cleaning | Pressure Washers | Car Body Repair

Stocked up on 9 products paying for only 6 ;)

Hope this heads up is permissible
Have you used one of ther car cloths for leathering off the water its synthetic in a square box about £8.00 fantastic 10 times better than a leather .Take my word for it if you have one and dont like it i will give you your cash back . I have used them for years now ,and they last longer than leathers.

Meguiars water magnet was recommended to me, and I can certainly vouch for it....will never use a chamois again

Meguiars water magnet was recommended to me, and I can certainly vouch for it....will never use a chamois again

May I ask how long these last please, and are they really as good as a chammy?

I've used chammys for as long as I can remember, being as they are usually streak free and very absorbent so long as you look after them.

I'm not averse to new products though, so long as they are an improvement on the established stuff

Who on earth still uses leather :)

Micro fibre clothes were considerably better...about 10 years ago :D

Seriously, if you are using leather, time for an upgrade. Microfibre clothes are considerably more absorbent and remove any remaining grit from the surface that a leather will otherwise scrape across the paint. The Kent extra large cloth is brilliant - large enough to do the whole car without wringing out.

May I ask how long these last please, and are they really as good as a chammy?

I've used chammys for as long as I can remember, being as they are usually streak free and very absorbent so long as you look after them.

I'm not averse to new products though, so long as they are an improvement on the established stuff

I had used chamois for an eternity, but was very impressed after trying this meguiars water magnet. it takes away more water, holds more water, and is easy to wring out. it should last ad infinitum, like any other really....just rinse/clean after each use. not checked exactly what its made of, but it leaves a streak free finish, and was about the same price as a chamois at 12.99 I think

You may think i dont know about these Autoglym stuff bit i was useing it 30 years back .And being a caravan serviceman do use lots of products on the market .Autoglym is good if you keep your car in a garage .For out side weather protection you need a good original wax polish to ward of the water. Lots of car wax products are nice to use .I am old hat me and use Turtle wax .My car is outside ,and as been all its life .

And just to throw a spanner in the works....D/I water vessel anyone?

Tony.

Used mine for the 1st time the other day,brilliant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom