Saw an A380 and the Red Arrows today!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alfie

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
W169 A, W205 C, R172 SLC, W447 vantastic
Peacfully sitting at home working (sort of) and what comes whistling over the house at an incredible rate of knots but the Red Arrows in formation banking hard to the left! Okay, I thought, quite impressive.

Shortly afterwards the skies go dark and this behemouth comes quietly over. I look up and think blimey thats big. Its an A380 airbus routemaster! Very impressive indeed.

It is of course Farnborough Air show just down the road!

Wow!!! Bet that was an awesome sight - both of them :D :rock:

Yep its been a noisy week in Farnborough, took these the other day from the roof of my office building (about a mile from the end of the runway)

Attachments

• P7180030.jpg
    P7180030.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 61
  • P7180032.jpg
    P7180032.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 60
Looks like a beluga whale.....

:eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

Once again: you lucky, lucky people...

Ffs @ smiley. can't b bothered atm.

Its a beautiful aircraft - I'm looking forward to seeing it for the first time in the flesh at Farnborough this Sunday...:)

Anyone else goign to the air show this w/end?

Flash said:
Its a beautiful aircraft - I'm looking forward to seeing it for the first time in the flesh at Farnborough this Sunday...:)

Enjoy the show... I will probably spend the weekend grumbling about all the extra traffic bringing the local roads to a standstill :p

Here's a few more rooftop snaps of whats in store. The backflipping "vectored thrust" equipped MiG 29 is quite entertaining...

http://tinyurl.com/lg2ty

Time for a new camera perhaps, 4 megapixel doesn't seem to cut it any more :crazy:

Flash said:

Nope. Off to the Sandbanks hotel for the weekend.

All this aircraft noise and traffic congestion is too much for me;) Someone take some pics please:)

The Arrows practice over my house out of season - almost enough to make me put a "I love Jet Noise" sticker in the hearse... :rolleyes:

Nice chaps.

smartbrabus said:
Enjoy the show... I will probably spend the weekend grumbling about all the extra traffic bringing the local roads to a standstill :p

Here's a few more rooftop snaps of whats in store. The backflipping "vectored thrust" equipped MiG 29 is quite entertaining...

http://tinyurl.com/lg2ty

Time for a new camera perhaps, 4 megapixel doesn't seem to cut it any more :crazy:

Those pics are fantastic...!!!!

Everyone raves about the Euro Fighter (Typhoon). I agree it is an awesome piece of machinery, I should know as I live 1/2 mile away from where they make them and the runway is 500yds behind my house. Not funny when they test them in the late afternoon :(

Ian B Walker said:
Everyone raves about the Euro Fighter (Typhoon).

Not sure it is really 21st century technology though. I do love looking at aircraft though. We are very fortunate and each year have a ring side seat for the Red Arrows display.

Fly.jpg

Heart.jpg

may.jpg

Three's company Fours a crowd :)

John

Last edited:
Alfie said:
Shortly afterwards the skies go dark and this behemouth comes quietly over. I look up and think blimey thats big. Its an A380 airbus routemaster! Very impressive indeed.

It is of course Farnborough Air show just down the road!

Sorry I misread that, thought MB had released a new model until the Air Show bit :eek:

When I saw the thread title, I thought that a monster A-class has been released! :eek:

Not looking forward to actually using an A380 - how many baggage carousels will they need? and how will you know which one your bags will appear on? Zillions of people desparately climbing over each other to stand right next to the carousel...somehow I don't think its for me...
Les

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom