SBC H not working any common issues to check?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ultrarep

Car
E250 AMG Sport Estate S212
Hi all. The SBC H is not working on my 2004 S211. No other issues with the brakes at all and no warnings etc other than this which says unavailable see owners manual. Which is singularly useless and of no help at all.

I know i can get it in star but before i go that that level of determination are there anyknown causes of this that are reasonble simple to have a look at?

I have read that a faulty gear selector may be one cause is there anything else?
As its a KG vehicle and finding a fair priced gear selector seem a tough ask.
Just want to eliminate anything common or obvious.

Thanks

Mine has this exact issue. Its a broken wire from the bcm in the boot to the aux battery relay under the windscreen wiper arm near the aux battery. You can tell its this by checking the voltage of the aux battery and see if it is being charged.

Any decent garage these days will have basic diagnostics. The fault comes up as both a faulty bcm and faulty relay.

Hi teated battery and its holding about 12.6 v so think thats ok but will check the wiring through

Front SAM?

Pin 4 on bcm to relay
pin 7 on bcm to relay

bcm is on the rear of the spare wheel well near the battery. If yours is a seven seater, this is about a 2 hour job to get to. Or, like me, make a small slice in the hard plastic then it takes 30 seconds.

check front relay works. You have to remove the wipers and plastic under it to get to it. Power it up off the car with 12v it should click and conduct.

also check funny looking fuse thing very close to the aux battery. Black, about the size of a dice , slightly oval shaped. Its a fuse, so should conduct.

whats a kg vehicle?

Hi thanks for that will have check when back in the country late next week.

KG keyless go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom