SBC pump rebuild

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Frank86

Car
Cls55 AMG
Hi guys. Just recently my cls55 amg's SBC starting giving trouble. I searched on here for similar issues but couldn't find an answer. Getting the red warning on the dash. I purchased a second hand Mercedes star c3 and pulled the codes which are:
C23CE unit A7/3 internal fault ( traction system hydraulic unit)
C26F6 control unit A73n1 internal fault ( sbc control unit)

Does anyone know with these codes can the unit be rebuilt or repaired and if so could they recommend someone or is it a case of get a new pump?

Thanks in advance

Those were similar codes to mine (as per the above link). It turned out that the brushes on the electric motor on my pump had gone completely. In theory if I replaced the brushes it could've worked but as I had already experienced a total and sudden loss of all braking, I was happy to pay the money to have it properly repaired. Also, my garage said the most difficult part was bleeding the system, a pressure bleeder and Star are required and unless you can get the exact pressure that Star requires then it'll throw a wobbly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't heard of these pumps being repaired, only a possible reset of actuations with code C249F. To be honest, I'd be wary of any repair on something so vital and would suck it up and get another pump.
If you source the pump yourself and get an indy to take the old one off and refit the new you are looking at an approximate £1k repair. Main dealer is close to £1500.

Here is one source to get another pump after noting the original pump Part number.
There will be a surcharge until you send back your old pump.

https://www.autoteilemann.de/k/ersatzteile/bremse/fahrdynamikregelung/hydraulikaggregat-bremsanlage/

An alternative method is to find a garage that is a Bosch agent and familiar with replacing an SBC pump and get them to order one from Bosch and fit it.
You may need this chart to ensure you get the correct one.

https://www.bosch-repair-service.com/DE_de/RTS_Bosch_E_REPAIR/download/Gegenüberstellung_EHB_BX.pdf

I haven't heard of these pumps being repaired, only a possible reset of actuations with code C249F. To be honest, I'd be wary of any repair on something so vital and would suck it up and get another pump.
If you source the pump yourself and get an indy to take the old one off and refit the new you are looking at an approximate £1k repair. Main dealer is close to £1500.

Here is one source to get another pump after noting the original pump Part number.
There will be a surcharge until you send back your old pump.

https://www.autoteilemann.de/k/ersatzteile/bremse/fahrdynamikregelung/hydraulikaggregat-bremsanlage/

An alternative method is to find a garage that is a Bosch agent and familiar with replacing an SBC pump and get them to order one from Bosch and fit it.
You may need this chart to ensure you get the correct one.

https://www.bosch-repair-service.com/DE_de/RTS_Bosch_E_REPAIR/download/Gegenüberstellung_EHB_BX.pdf
Are those pumps listed on that German site new have you any idea?

I'll be replacing the pump and bleeding the system myself so it's just the price of a new unit really which, like was mentioned, is the safest and best way to go about it.
Didn't take long for an answer on this forum. Definitely in the right place. Thanks :thumb:

Are those pumps listed on that German site new have you any idea?

I would hope so at that price Frank:D
An email to the company will probably confirm.

If not, your nearest Bosch garage/agent may be your best bet.

They will be "Exchange" and carry a surcharge as they are Rebuilt pumps by bosch

They will be "Exchange" and carry a surcharge as they are Rebuilt pumps by bosch

Was thinking as much that they were rebuilt at that price which is perfectly fine especially since they are done by the company who manufactured them. I got a quote if €1490 +vat here in Ireland from Mercedes for just the the pump, no labour, hence why I was asking if they were new.

Thanks guys think that's me sorted

I had my pump repaired and serviced by this guy. JohnnySBC . Very nice lad and you get invoice and 6 mnonths warranty aswell . Get in touch with him. Regards

www.ecu-repair.co.uk

I had my pump repaired and serviced by this guy. JohnnySBC . Very nice lad and you get invoice and 6 mnonths warranty aswell . Get in touch with him. Regards

www.ecu-repair.co.uk

They didn't use SBC in the W212 - or do you have another car with it installed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom