Scanner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lecky

Car
CLK 320 W209
Hi all. For those interested in scanners, I have just purchased the following:

Foxwell NT630 Engine ABS Airbag Diagnostic Scanner Tool UK Fault Code Scan Reset | eBay

Its a Foxwell NT630. I bought it primarily to clear the SRS light and malfunction warning on my 2002 CLK320.

I induced the warning light back at Christmas time when I decided to replace a couple of stepper (never again!) motors so I knew that I wasn't looking for a hard fault.

PC290001.JPG

I can confirm that this unit did it and it was pretty straight forward to use. No other faults picked up on the car so I can't comment any further on its performance. Its supposed to support most vehicles up to 2013 so hopefully I'm future proofed for a few years. Not cheap at £200 but if I only use it a couple of times I reckon its paid for itself - after all, tools are free!!!

Scanner suggestions

Interesting.

I'm looking for a scanner that covers both engine and auto Transmission for my T Reg SLK230

I got the car last Nov and I seem to have had endless problems with it

Loss of power - MAF replaced
No Supercharger - K40 repaired
Not shifting correctly - Shift Solenoid replaced (apparently):dk:
I've replaced the trans fluid and filter myself
boot not opening
Numerous CEL usually when on motorways

Now I'm back to both not shifting correctly and... even though the superchargers working it doesn't feel like it's got any guts I always feel like there should be more when I drive it (it feels like a 1.6 with a supercharger)

So I'm in the market for a code reader upto £200 that will cover both trans and engine. There are cheap code readers on the ebay that claim to do both but I don't believe it at the money they are asking for them.

My main problem at the moment is the shifting it won't go into 4th until about 50mph and also there is a delay when kicking down rev's like a slipping clutch then decides to go... if a new shift solenoid is required where are these located on the car?

Any help would be appreciated.

Scanner suggestions

Hi, Dave here from beat-the-garage where you bought the NT630 from. Glad you're happy with the scanner and it's done what you needed.

Regarding the T reg Merc. Does it have the 16pin or 38pin diagnostic port on it? and have you have any other diagnostic scanners connected to it with any success?

Hi, Dave here from beat-the-garage where you bought the NT630 from. Glad you're happy with the scanner and it's done what you needed.

Regarding the T reg Merc. Does it have the 16pin or 38pin diagnostic port on it? and have you have any other diagnostic scanners connected to it with any success?

Hi Dave.

I have been looking at buying a Sealey VS8802. LINK.

I'm also interested in an AUTEL MD801 from your site. LINK.

The Sealey states "Any Vehicle", is less expensive and seems to be more up-to-date, but the AUTEL seems to have greater capability to extinguish more warning lights and also covers the automatic transmission.

For the record, my current vehicles are:

2001 Mercedes S202 V6 Petrol.
2001 Mercedes S210 V8 Petrol.
2008 Mercedes Vito 3.0 V6 Diesel.
1995 VW Golf 1.6 Petrol.

Are you willing to offer a MBClub discount? :)

All good?

Don't mind me I've a few too many Margarita's at the local Mexican! I'm in Colorado at the mo.

Have a Margarita for me.

Make sure you have a drink or too as well. :)

Released on Thursday, but have to return for further investigation/treatment in a few weeks. I'm still here though, which is the most important thing. :)

Hi Dave.

I have been looking at buying a Sealey VS8802. LINK.

I'm also interested in an AUTEL MD801 from your site. LINK.

The Sealey states "Any Vehicle", is less expensive and seems to be more up-to-date, but the AUTEL seems to have greater capability to extinguish more warning lights and also covers the automatic transmission.

For the record, my current vehicles are:

2001 Mercedes S202 V6 Petrol.
2001 Mercedes S210 V8 Petrol.
2008 Mercedes Vito 3.0 V6 Diesel.
1995 VW Golf 1.6 Petrol.

Are you willing to offer a MBClub discount? :)
Did you get a reply re your question from Dave? I am looking to buy a scan tool and like you, this one, Autel MD 801, seems to offer good value.
Allan

Did you get a reply re your question from Dave? I am looking to buy a scan tool and like you, this one, Autel MD 801, seems to offer good value.
Allan

No, I didn't get a reply, but I think I got the wires between "Beat the Garage" and "Car Genie" crossed.

I ended up buying an AUTEL MD702 Elite. LINK. I paid £225 plus postage for it.

im not seeing too many good reviews for this Autel scanner .... how is the Foxwell unit working .... ?

Hi, I am with Shantos - any news on the performance of the Foxwell when used to do other tasks. I have a new ECUtools ET601 error code scanner with a tool screen but I can't get it to read codes from a 2004 Mercedes W211 E220 diesel. As with most error scanners the description says that it will work with 2004 > diesel engine cars. I did check with the distributor that it would be OK, and he checked the date of the cars manufacture and said it would work fine.

I have tried all the offered suggestions in the manual but nothing has solved to issue. It powers up and the display works fine, you can go through the menu options such as language and checking the system version but it won't upload any error codes.

I have a suspicion that this code reader may not actually work on a 2004 car, so I would like to find one that gives a live diagnostic list of error codes and works on pre-2004 cars, just to be on the safe side. Or, in fact any W211 E220 would be OK.

Maybe some-one can suggest a good scanner without it being £1200 :).

Thanks, parkman

Maybe some-one can suggest a good scanner without it being £1200 :).

There are good options at about $300 (plus shipping) plus a laptop (about £100). Would do all MB models. Probably better not to mention shop names at the forum. Unfortunately your message count does not allow private messages yet, keep posting.

Hi, many thanks for your reply. Yes, you are correct, I have only 20 posts listed so I can't get messages :( I was thinking of just duplicating this post another ten times, but that probably wouldn't work as people would get bored reading the same post all the time :dk:

I could post this message using each word separately but then would any-one realise that they would have to take each post and connect it to the next one. A sort of James Bond code :fail

No, I will just have to get to the 30 posts first.

parkman1

I have only 20 posts listed so I can't get messages :( I was thinking of just duplicating this post another ten times, but that probably wouldn't work as people would get bored reading the same post all the time :dk:

I could post this message using each word separately but then would any-one realise that they would have to take each post and connect it to the next one. A sort of James Bond code :fail

parkman1

These two might help you in your quest to reach 30 posts:

www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/ot-off-topic-forums/122040-first-thing-comes-mind.html

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/ot-off-topic-forums/36504-more-jokes.html

Many of us are suckers for a good joke, so you could bring a smile to our faces and get to 30 at the same time. :)

Hi, many thanks for your reply. Yes, you are correct, I have only 20 posts listed so I can't get messages :( I was thinking of just duplicating this post another ten times, but that probably wouldn't work as people would get bored reading the same post all the time :dk:

parkman1

Off topic posts do not count towards your total :D

These two might help you in your quest to reach 30 posts:

www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/ot-off-topic-forums/122040-first-thing-comes-mind.html

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/ot-off-topic-forums/36504-more-jokes.html

Many of us are suckers for a good joke, so you could bring a smile to our faces and get to 30 at the same time. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom