Scottish Airshow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MB Club Veteran
Car
Not always
I attended the airshow at the weekend , here are a few pictures :) Unfortunately , the BBMF didn't come on the Saturday when I took these photos ( due to bad weather down south ) but I got some video of the two Lancasters on the Sunday when they did a flypast ( single pass so no chance to take photos , although we were pleasantly surprised to see them flying at treetop height alongside our train when returning home a while later ) .

Also follow the link to the video I have uploaded to YouTube!

Scottish Airshow 2014 - YouTube

Last edited:
I'm saying nothing before the result from the 18th is in :)

Last edited:
Just love the Vulcan - what a machine. We used to get overflown by flypasts at my North London school on their way to fly up the Mall. I had soft spots for Phantoms and Lightnings too...

I have cherished memories of school CCF camps on active RAF bases - once standing 30ft away from a a pair of Lightnings starting their take off run to investigate Russian visitors while on an early evening FOD patrol. Bones still shake at the memory.

Oh b*gger - am I a closet planespotter?

A couple of those flew over my house on Sunday and I was wondering where they had come from. Where was the show?

The flying airshow on Saturday was over the beachfront at Ayr ; Sunday was the static show at Prestwick Airport , no flying was advertised , but seems to have taken place anyway . I didn't go into the airport on the Sunday as I expected to be unable to see much of the planes on the ground due to the crowds - wish I'd gone now :(

The schedule for Sunday was listed here

http://www.raf.mod.uk/bbmf/news/index.cfm?storyid=EADDE6D4-5056-A318-A852B1FAE347E178

Last edited:
Jealous about that^ however I do have some water vole pictures from last Friday.

Lovely Vulcan. Will Scotland have an airforce of it's own do you think?

If not, it's not going to be much of an airshow next year...

If not, it's not going to be much of an airshow next year...

Well , some of the entries were locals , some came from across the pond ( one Lanc and the Catalina from Canada ) , and others came because they exist to do shows like this and their fundraising relies on public subscriptions which are boosted when they are seen in the air .

That oughtn't to change .

Will Scotland have an airforce of it's own do you think?
Not for a long, long, long while if they vote the wrong way.

In the short term, they might get Alex Salmond in a microlite if they are lucky......

Looks like a great show though.

they might get Alex Salmond in a microlite if they are lucky......

Would he then be known as 'The Flying Scotsman' ?

Some might suggest that a hot air balloon might be more appropriate ...

I'll be watching , possibly see it eastbound out of Linlithgow to start with , I know a couple of good vantage points a couple of miles out of Linlithgow , then choose a vantage point ( possibly north end of road bridge ) to photograph it crossing the rail bridge ...

Not decided yet .

OK. We got tickets for early train but trying now to exchange for later one because of Sat night knees-up.

I'll be watching , possibly see it eastbound out of Linlithgow to start with , I know a couple of good vantage points a couple of miles out of Linlithgow , then choose a vantage point ( possibly north end of road bridge ) to photograph it crossing the rail bridge ...

I've been looking at the weather forecast with a certain amount of hope that an evening crossing of the bridge might be worth chasing after given that they're running this excursion in September rather than August. The train will also be hauled backwards across the bridge around 2005.

Realtime Trains | 1Z29 0952 Linlithgow to Dalmeny

Realtime Trains | 1Z30 1520 Dalmeny to Inverkeithing

Realtime Trains | 5Z30 1932 Inverkeithing to Bo'ness Jn Exchange Sdg

In the last few years they've watered the train at Newmill (by Torryburn) before it has reached Culross - there's a timed stop shown at Longannet which is presumably the system's way of recording a stop that doesn't officially exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom