Sealant & wax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A6lns

Car
C250d Amg line estate
Does every one still use a sealant and then a coat off wax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current car is ceramic coated, so no.

Yes but not always in that order.

Depends how I feel, I don't normally have the time to do sealant and wax.

I use FP1000 sealant and Autoglym HD wax, in between I use Angel Wax or Sonax detailers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sealants do not bond well to surfaces which have been waxed - they need to bond to wax free, grease free surfaces. As such, remove all traces of wax and then apply a sealant then wax

Yeah is it worth using a sealant then waxing

I'm thinking off using fusso coat or FinishKare Sealant then a wax but the question is when you wax over the sealant then if later on you want to put another coat of sealant on in a few weeks you can't because of the wax layer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why would you want to put another layer of sealant on, if the wax is still present it's still doing it's job?

Yup... FK1000p sealant then Colonite 476 wax on top. Works a treat and last ages!

Ceramic is the way to go - bit costly but forget waxing and polishing for several years!

If you like waxing the car regularly, then apply a sealant to start with if you want and wax as often as you like. Or just wax it - you'll achieve a warmer glow and if you apply a fresh coat before the previous one has gone you will maintain protection.

Hi one of the best sealants I have used is Wolfgang very
Good not the cheapest on the market but gives a good
Protection for a very long time

Can't make my mind up sealant or wax or both

Do both, then just top-up the wax coat every so often when you notice the beading starting to diminish. A good quality sealant should last at least 6 months, probably longer with constant wax protection.

Ok cheers for that where is the best place to get Wolfgang from pls

A suggestion fusso coat then collinite wax

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom