Seat Creek (more Crack sound) - AMG C63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kamalpatel12448

Car
C63 (W204) and C240 (W202) - just not at the same time!
Hi folks,

Wondering is anyone has experienced any creeking in the drivers seat? In the past month my drivers seat has a creek, which is more a clear single crack sound when I go around corners or make a specific movement when in the seat. (And before you folks ask - I'm not speeding around these corners to get this).

Any experiences on getting such a problem fixed under warranty also welcome.

THhe best cure for it right now is turning up the HK :).

Thanks,
Kamal

Ah, C63 seats....wonderful to look at, lovely to sit in....not very durable!

My previous C63 had what I would call a clicking/cracking sound which was required some new components to be fitted under warranty - it took the dealer about 4 attempts to get it right though.

My current C63 has an actual creak...every time I lean onto the left hand bolster, it makes a noise. It's actually having a new seat frame fitted this week but again, it's taken the dealer 3 attempts to try and fix it before finally agreeing to just replace it!

All I can say is good luck and make sure you're persistent - and I recommend actually replicating the sound to the technician who's going to work on your car so they're absolutely clear what sound they need to fix!

I have an '03 C220 with the same issue. Took the seat apart and found that is was the rear offside seat post weld in the mid back section that had failed and caused the creaking, I had a private re-spotweld job and all sorted, but with yours....defo get MB under warranty!!!

Ah, C63 seats....wonderful to look at, lovely to sit in....not very durable!

My previous C63 had what I would call a clicking/cracking sound which was required some new components to be fitted under warranty - it took the dealer about 4 attempts to get it right though.

My current C63 has an actual creak...every time I lean onto the left hand bolster, it makes a noise. It's actually having a new seat frame fitted this week but again, it's taken the dealer 3 attempts to try and fix it before finally agreeing to just replace it!

All I can say is good luck and make sure you're persistent - and I recommend actually replicating the sound to the technician who's going to work on your car so they're absolutely clear what sound they need to fix!

Not just the C63 , i had the seat frame replaced on my W204 sport for the same reason :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom