Seat out - battery reconnect?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulXC

SUPPORTER
Car
2018 E220d S213 ||| 2012 E500 4.7 V8 Bi-Turbo Cabrio ||| 2021 Mercedes Sprinter Hymer Camper Van
OK - I've pulled the drivers seat out of my W211 to replace the cover.

Turns out a bit more work is needed as the foam pad needs a bit of sorting. Currently the base is over at the car trim workshop - won't get it back till Friday.

Question - I disconnected the battery before I pulled the seat out, Can I reconnect it with the seat out so I can lock the car or will I get some sort of error message / code that needs a Star to clear?

Isn't there an airbag on the W211 front seat? You would get an error code from the seat belt buckle and the airbag and the airbag code would likely need clearing with Star. Seatbelt tensioner should be at the car side I think.

I thought that might be the case.

Is there any problem with leaving the battery disconnected for a few days until I put the seat back in ?

The same problems after a few days or just a short time (need to calibrate windows, sunroof, should not need steering wheel angel sensor calibration on a 211).

Actually the SRS fault codes should not appear if you just connect the battery but do not turn ignition on. Then again, if you only need to lock the car, perhaps doing it with the mechanical key is enough (alarm would not be on). I'd leave the battery disconnected.

You'll get error codes flagged up, but they'll clear after a few starts once reconnected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom