Seatbelt oddity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Horrgakx

Car
Audi S4 B9
Hi all - I came to use the rear middle seatbelt today for the very first time as I had 4 passengers plus me. However strangely we couldn't work out how to work the seatbelt!! (It's a 65 plate C250 W205).

It seems that the fastner is BELOW the plastic 'button' which is set into the belt material, which means that it can't be fastened across the body into the receptacle. On the near and offside belts the fastner is above the "button', and the button's job is to stop it sliding down.

Picture below. What do you think?

I had a car once where the plastic button had not been fitted at all, meaning the seatbelt fastener always ended up at the lowest point when not worn.

I suspect yours was fitted incorrectly when made?

Russ

The buckle may have been forced over the button (although you would not think it possible....), or - as said + incorrectly fitted from the factory.

Easily rectified, either get it done by the dealer under warranty, or just buy this here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref...tton&sprefix=seatbelt+butt&tag=amazon0e9db-21

I have both the original MB buttons and the ones from Amazon, the MB buttons require a special tool to fasten the two halves together, the Amazon buttons just 'click' and last for years.

Looks like someone has had a right go at it as evidenced in the creases on the belt itself.

Yeh not sure what the creases are, the car had delivery mileage when I got it and this is the first time I tried to use it.

Looks like someone has had a good go at tugging it over the button, the stitching looks strained just below the button.

Yeh not sure what the creases are, the car had delivery mileage when I got it and this is the first time I tried to use it.

Can well believe that, the leather condition and the belt are polarised. I would remove the button and replace it.

Warranty! No questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom