Selling CLA45 for ML63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sparkynw

Car
BMW X4 335d MSport,MINI Countryman SD JCW, vivaro sport, nc30, cbr600rr
Well I've got a 400 mile round trip on Monday for my AMG day which I can't wait to do. I've also decided I really want the big v8 in my life so the CLA is on Autotrader, I hope it's ok to plug it here. Just wondering what real life mpg is on the MLs? I'm only getting 18-35 from the CLA but I suspect more like 15-20 from the v8?

Hi,
Since new, we have averaged 18 litres per 100km on our 2015 ML63 (that has the optional performance upgrade - so 557hp).
That is the equivalent of 15.7mpg.
On a run from Abu Dhabi to Dubai at a cruising speed of 120km/hr it will average around 12 litres per 100km - so around 23.5mpg.
Cheers
Steve

Yes the ML likes a drink and half a tank is not a lot of fuel, expect 14-18 mpg.
Its very powerful and so easy to drive you will love it, drive it hard and you will half that.

Are you looking at the current W166/M157/5.5 or previous W164/M156/6.2?

Both do 11-14 mpg for short urban cold start journeys, and 18-21 mpg for longer journeys cruising at the speed limit (ish). Both Mrs D and I have them as our everyday cars and they're brilliant.

Strange to go from a CLA to a ML?

Why not a C63 or E63?

Thanks for the info. I wanted a GLE infact ordered one (350)before the CLA then my wife decided it was too big so she go the countryman and I got the CLA. I've loved MLS for years and the 5.5 is in my budget. It's only a weekend car for me I prefer a high driving position. I'm test driving a gorgeous well specced 13 plate on Monday covered 23k every option ticked. All down to numbers then.

I had a test drive in a 14 plate ML63 lovely machines but after the numbers there's no way an ML63 is worth £15k more than my E63 which is roughly the same year same miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom