September 19th is 'Talk Like A Pirate Day !'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
AhAA
Come on Howard, you cant expect us to fall for that old trick. All you want us to do is come sailing throu your lock, Scull and crossbones flying, and you will capture us and claim your reward for our booty. And see our head on a spike at traitors gate.:bannana: :bannana:

Arr, avast behind ... etc.

Strangely enough, September 19th is also the 11th annual Take Your Dog to Work Day:

http://www.takeyourdogtoworkday.co.uk

I had no luck with the HR dept. here on that one
I have checked with one of our policy advisors and unfortunately for logistical and Health and Safety issues bringing a dog to work in a Central London office is considered impractical
... despite guide dogs being allowed!

Since there are a lot of seafarers working here I may well suggest Talk Like a Pirate day instead!

Just don't mistake it for "talk like a parrot day".

Arrrrrrrrrrr
Thenn ye'll need one of these!!
pirate.jpg

You scurvy land lubbers should be keel hauled, the day be old an yet no-one be talkin like a pirate!

Aaaaaarrrrrrrgh !!

I forgot aboot it me hearties ..... !!! :eek:

Arrrrrrgh !!!

Doh !!

on a more general note - why do I always find out about national 'do something different' days after the day?

National Sods Law day ? :D

On a similar sort of levelish we have a No Swear Week in the helpdesk this week (well 4 days of it anyway as someone is away on Fri). 10p for an audible swear word (or at least what is classed as a swear word) in the office or adjoining corridor section. Made Over £1.30 so far (+ addditional contributions). Tin of biccies or something at the end :).

Wait until some Pirate steals the tin, I bet there will be loads of swearing, maybe enough to fill another tin.

Hahahahahahahahahahah !!!!! :D

nobody in the harbour was sporting the old jolly today!

you would have thought someone might have had a sense of humour!

Can't beleive i forgot this .....

Aaaaaaargh !!! :crazy:

I had occasion to utter the phrase 'Avast behind' whilst walking behind a woman the other day;) Does this count?

Depends on your emphasis.

was it "aVAST, behind" or was it " A Vast Behind"

either way, you should be keel hauled, from Bow to Stern. Unless you were heard uttering this, in which case have 2 of these:bannana: :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom