Service at MB what does it include?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MSG2004

Car
GLE, AMG Line
Hi

Not used MB for servicing for several years as no have new GLE an due for first service April - 'A' service at/about 6500 miles, read the sepc sheet but not clear if they just 'check' or 'top up' windscreen washer and if this an additional cost?

Btw, any discount codes for MB service please?

I posted here a few months ago re service and service plans and a member suggested I take the 'A' service as a one off then join the service plan and get an A, B and A service which I might do - any more ideas please?

I will also tell them re intermittent fault front parking sensors?

MB talks about "updates," what do they mean or is is just a bit of rubbish and rarely applicable? I have command in my car inc traffic, will that be updated?

Thanks!

Re screen wash.... the screen wash is topped-up from a fresh 1L bottle, the bottle is then left on the passenger seat with whatever contents that remains in it. That's the theory anyway... not all dealers bother though.

I posted here a few months ago re service and service plans and a member suggested I take the 'A' service as a one off then join the service plan and get an A, B and A service which I might do - any more ideas please?

I think you mean B-A-B services which will get you the best value from the 3 services in the plan.

The Service Plan covers the next two or three services. If opting for the two-service plan, then will always cover one A Service and one B Service. But for the three-service plan, best value is to take out after an A Service and before the next b Service.

Also, certain years (usually year 4 service - but depending on the model) require quite a few additional items (e.g. ATF change, spark plug change, etc) so again when taking out the Service Plan the timing need to be such so that the 'big' services are covered.

Whereabouts are you? Generally travel north, and avoid the big cities, and you can find dealers who will do a deal.

The last service I had at a main dealer was an A-service on an ML, just before Christmas, and it was £100 plus oil. I bought the oil from the MB parts counter and it cost less £20. I asked for a deal on both the service and the oil.

Whereabouts are you? Generally travel north, and avoid the big cities, and you can find dealers who will do a deal.

The last service I had at a main dealer was an A-service on an ML, just before Christmas, and it was £100 plus oil. I bought the oil from the MB parts counter and it cost less £20. I asked for a deal on both the service and the oil.

Thanks. I live near Dartford and they are my main dealers. These dealers own around 7 franchises, so prices are the same and my feeling is they won't negotiate.

The on line booking cost is 310 quid I think and a couple of weeks ago it was around the 290.

Will they include updates?

I will call them near the time and ask.

Thanks all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom